Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Accomplishment you're most proud of... - Page 5

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62

Thread: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Aww, this is a nice thread fush, it's interesting to read what makes people proud. I'm impressed that many people regard their personal relationships with others so highly.

    I've been thinking about it for a few days and can truthfully say I'm not proud of anything. I feel nothing but disappointment with my life/myself, especially being 32-years old and still single, with no family of my own. I could easily say I'm proud that I've travelled, and I've never been afraid to do things alone, but that's nonsense...everything I've done in the past has led to me having nothing worthwhile in my life now. Hopefully that will change in the future, but if not I can't complain, at least I'm still breathing!

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Aww, this is a nice thread fush, it's interesting to read what makes people proud. I'm impressed that many people regard their personal relationships with others so highly.

    I've been thinking about it for a few days and can truthfully say I'm not proud of anything. I feel nothing but disappointment with my life/myself, especially being 32-years old and still single, with no family of my own. I could easily say I'm proud that I've travelled, and I've never been afraid to do things alone, but that's nonsense...everything I've done in the past has led to me having nothing worthwhile in my life now. Hopefully that will change in the future, but if not I can't complain, at least I'm still breathing!
    Really. Not one thing? Not, say, the work you do taking care of others? And I think being able to function alone is a wonderful skill. It should hopefully mean that you're not going to take the first breathing hunk of flesh that comes along as a life partner, and really, that's for the best. People who are desperate to be with anyone ... well, they get what they ask for. I've seen it firsthand.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,926

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Ally,

    Not being proud of anything is still better than regretting everything.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wakefield Yorkshire England
    Posts
    982

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Aww, this is a nice thread fush, it's interesting to read what makes people proud. I'm impressed that many people regard their personal relationships with others so highly.

    I've been thinking about it for a few days and can truthfully say I'm not proud of anything. I feel nothing but disappointment with my life/myself, especially being 32-years old and still single, with no family of my own. I could easily say I'm proud that I've travelled, and I've never been afraid to do things alone, but that's nonsense...everything I've done in the past has led to me having nothing worthwhile in my life now. Hopefully that will change in the future, but if not I can't complain, at least I'm still breathing!
    Hey Ally,don't go writing yourself off I was 38 when my only daughter was born,and she is obviously my proudest accomplishment

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Really. Not one thing?
    Really. Not one thing. I'm not complaining though--and definitely not writing myself off Champ--I'm just facing up to my reality. I don't regret the things I've done, but now I'm at the stage where I see my friends with their partners/kids and I'd like to have that also. Relationships are very important, and it's admirable that so many of you recognise that and appreciate what you have.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Fangorn Forest
    Posts
    1,200

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    I ran and finished two 26.2 miles marathons in my earlier years. I've finished the first drafts of four short-novel length books. I think those are about my proudest accomplishments. If my PET scan comes out clear after my current rounds of chemo are complete, that'll top the other accomplishments.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Just north of Duma Key
    Posts
    11,220

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Quote Originally Posted by dsurrett View Post
    I ran and finished two 26.2 miles marathons in my earlier years. I've finished the first drafts of four short-novel length books. I think those are about my proudest accomplishments. If my PET scan comes out clear after my current rounds of chemo are complete, that'll top the other accomplishments.
    Keeping positive thoughts and fingers crossed for an all clear PET scan.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Really. Not one thing. I'm not complaining though--and definitely not writing myself off Champ--I'm just facing up to my reality. I don't regret the things I've done, but now I'm at the stage where I see my friends with their partners/kids and I'd like to have that also. Relationships are very important, and it's admirable that so many of you recognise that and appreciate what you have.
    Well, I can't argue with that. It's good to know what you want. Best get to it, then.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,331

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Really. Not one thing. I'm not complaining though--and definitely not writing myself off Champ--I'm just facing up to my reality. I don't regret the things I've done, but now I'm at the stage where I see my friends with their partners/kids and I'd like to have that also. Relationships are very important, and it's admirable that so many of you recognise that and appreciate what you have.
    Hope you don't mind me jumping in here, Ally, but in my opinion you should be proud of your excellent sense of humour. Judging from your posts, you don't seem to be one of those dour, pessimistic types So - maybe that could be considered an accomplishment? i.e. that you look at life in a good way (except for this particular thread, anyway). You do liven up our message board! There - I'll get off my soap box now

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

    Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    I'm proud of me.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •