Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Accomplishment you're most proud of... - Page 5

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

Aww, this is a nice thread fush, it's interesting to read what makes people proud. I'm impressed that many people regard their personal relationships with others so highly.

I've been thinking about it for a few days and can truthfully say I'm not proud of anything. I feel nothing but disappointment with my life/myself, especially being 32-years old and still single, with no family of my own. I could easily say I'm proud that I've travelled, and I've never been afraid to do things alone, but that's nonsense...everything I've done in the past has led to me having nothing worthwhile in my life now. Hopefully that will change in the future, but if not I can't complain, at least I'm still breathing!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Aww, this is a nice thread fush, it's interesting to read what makes people proud. I'm impressed that many people regard their personal relationships with others so highly.

I've been thinking about it for a few days and can truthfully say I'm not proud of anything. I feel nothing but disappointment with my life/myself, especially being 32-years old and still single, with no family of my own. I could easily say I'm proud that I've travelled, and I've never been afraid to do things alone, but that's nonsense...everything I've done in the past has led to me having nothing worthwhile in my life now. Hopefully that will change in the future, but if not I can't complain, at least I'm still breathing!
    Really. Not one thing? Not, say, the work you do taking care of others? And I think being able to function alone is a wonderful skill. It should hopefully mean that you're not going to take the first breathing hunk of flesh that comes along as a life partner, and really, that's for the best. People who are desperate to be with anyone ... well, they get what they ask for. I've seen it firsthand.

Ally,

Not being proud of anything is still better than regretting everything.

Hey Ally,don't go writing yourself off I was 38 when my only daughter was born,and she is obviously my proudest accomplishment

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Really. Not one thing?
    Really. Not one thing. I'm not complaining though--and definitely not writing myself off Champ--I'm just facing up to my reality. I don't regret the things I've done, but now I'm at the stage where I see my friends with their partners/kids and I'd like to have that also. Relationships are very important, and it's admirable that so many of you recognise that and appreciate what you have.

I ran and finished two 26.2 miles marathons in my earlier years. I've finished the first drafts of four short-novel length books. I think those are about my proudest accomplishments. If my PET scan comes out clear after my current rounds of chemo are complete, that'll top the other accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by dsurrett View Post
    I ran and finished two 26.2 miles marathons in my earlier years. I've finished the first drafts of four short-novel length books. I think those are about my proudest accomplishments. If my PET scan comes out clear after my current rounds of chemo are complete, that'll top the other accomplishments.
    Keeping positive thoughts and fingers crossed for an all clear PET scan.

Really. Not one thing. I'm not complaining though--and definitely not writing myself off Champ--I'm just facing up to my reality. I don't regret the things I've done, but now I'm at the stage where I see my friends with their partners/kids and I'd like to have that also. Relationships are very important, and it's admirable that so many of you recognise that and appreciate what you have.
    Well, I can't argue with that. It's good to know what you want. Best get to it, then.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here, Ally, but in my opinion you should be proud of your excellent sense of humour. Judging from your posts, you don't seem to be one of those dour, pessimistic types So - maybe that could be considered an accomplishment? i.e. that you look at life in a good way (except for this particular thread, anyway). You do liven up our message board! There - I'll get off my soap box now

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    I'm proud of me.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast