This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could you/Would you go fully digital?

Default Re: Could you/Would you go fully digital?

Nah. I like books. Everything else can go digital, but there is something magical about the smell of ink and paper.

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

No, sometimes I go outside and sit under a tree and read my book to get away from the tv, comp., stereos, etc. in my house. I want to get away from all those distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by JordyVerrill View Post
    I will never give up actual books made out of paper. My mother won a Kindle at her work's Christmas party and she gave it to me, since she still hasn't figured out how to use a VCR, but I hate the thing. It's sitting on a shelf in my room covered in dust already. She's already said she doesn't mind if I just decide to sell it, but I've just been too lazy to put an ad on Craigslist.

Anybody want to buy a paper white Kindle that's only been used for like 1 hour total?
    Depends. With ads or without?

Do not think I could go completely digital. Modern technology has its place, so does old school technology. I'll use a Kindle for convenience , but treasured books must be paper. Do enjoy audiobooks, as it allows multi-tasking. Computers allow contact world wide- much better than smoke signals.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Depends. With ads or without?
    I honestly don't know or remember. I didn't realize some of these things have ads on them and some don't.

Call me silly if you want, but it sounds medically unhealthy to me to keep adding more and more electronics to our lives. When I think of it, I have visions of invisible electronic waves bombarding my body from every angle, 24/7. Also, it would mess up my style of decorating to have lots of electronics around. I like the turn-of-the century (19th to 20th) arts and crafts look. I tell you, I have to keep working harder and harder to remain in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by JordyVerrill View Post
    I honestly don't know or remember. I didn't realize some of these things have ads on them and some don't.
    Yeah, it's $20 more without the ads. I begrudge the reading real estate they would take up.

I am very much considering buying a Paperwhite because I don't like the clip-on reading lights, my lamp keeps my husband awake, and a backlit technology like a monitor or iPad is hard on my eyes (I already have to look at that all day; the Paperwhite uses a different technology so that the light actually shines down on the e-ink rather than out into your eyes). It would be PERFECT for night reading. Generally I have my Kindle, a nonfiction book or two, and a fiction book or two stacked on my bedside table. I want to switch out my regular Kindle for a Paperwhite; I think the regular Kindle will go into the guest room, on the little bookshelf we have in there with the rest of the books.

No way. I currently avoid going as digital as possible. I like to actually touch my things.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I'm almost there, all I need is an internet girlfriend.

You know what would be really mean? Send your friend a really powerful magnet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast