Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Could you/Would you go fully digital? - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Could you/Would you go fully digital?

Default Re: Could you/Would you go fully digital?

Never.I enjoy my books. and it took alot of time and money collecting them.

I would not like to see the world being full digital. For me, at least, it would not happen with the books, no, never. I just cannot read from the screen, it is deeply inconvenient and not the same feelings as with an ordinary book. As about movies, music, videogames, here I think the digital era has already established itself. I do not know about other countries, but in Russia we do not longer buy CDs or DVDs, well, at least, very seldom, we mostly download everything, it is an easy and not expensive way. It is rather sad, but this is the life. Though, I cannot imagine what is going to happend in a few years from now, maybe, people would complitely forget about such things as CD and DVD disks... As for me, I still remember what a flezible disc is, and my sister who is 15 is surely unaware about it

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Anyway, I read an article about a family that went completely non-tech in their house. Nothing. No TV, Internet, or electronic toys even. I would consider that.
    Not me.....
    After living with a mega control freak who criticized everything I watched on tv, the people I talked to online (how dare I call them "friends" he said), and all the music I listened to.......he even had the audacity to come home oneday and say "let's take out the tv, some of the shows bother me"....my reply was "Well, don't you know how to turn it off?" Then he says Well, I thought maybe we should read more....I say "Well, I read 5 or 6 books per month, how much more do you want me to read?".....then he said Maybe if you read books that mattered....*insert huge outburst here*
    Yeah, I'm keeping my technology....I'll never never go fully digital, but I'm also never giving up my stuff! ♥

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    Not me.....
    After living with a mega control freak who criticized everything I watched on tv, the people I talked to online (how dare I call them "friends" he said), and all the music I listened to.......he even had the audacity to come home oneday and say "let's take out the tv, some of the shows bother me"....my reply was "Well, don't you know how to turn it off?" Then he says Well, I thought maybe we should read more....I say "Well, I read 5 or 6 books per month, how much more do you want me to read?".....then he said Maybe if you read books that mattered....*insert huge outburst here*
    Yeah, I'm keeping my technology....I'll never never go fully digital, but I'm also never giving up my stuff! ♥
    Hopefully, you gave him the full digital treatment

Attachment 16713

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234