Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Sleepless - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleepless

Default Re: Sleepless

You are probably having lil hallucinations now and these creepy flashing after images lighting your inner lids when you try to keep your eyes closed. I have been there and I know it is not pleasant. I have an issue with my tongue when I suffer from insomnia...it wants to stick to the roof of my mouth when I try to relax. That is a bad sign that there aint gonna be no mo REM for me dis night ....drink the bloody boooze ...a quick cheap fix is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    Yeah. I've got about half a bottle of rum that should sedate me plenty.
    ...and a Tylenol the size of a ricecake for the headache afterward.....

If I couldn't sleep I think I would seriously consider hurting myself. I am an expert sleeper. I remember being shocked when I read that it takes the average person seven minutes to fall asleep. It takes me about seven seconds. If it takes me longer than 10 minutes to fall asleep I consider my night shot.

My husband has trouble sleeping and I feel terrible for him. I agree with Ally. You need to get someone to hit you. Hard.

I am very sorry for you.

Well, laid down this evening and slept for about four hours, so feeling a little better. On the down side, I dropped a large piece of firewood on my foot this afternoon and now my right big toe nail is the loveliest shade of purple you've ever seen. Can't win for losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Sleepless in Kentucky? That sounds like it might be a good movie!

If I can't sleep tonight I'll work on the screenplay

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I remember being shocked when I read that it takes the average person seven minutes to fall asleep. It takes me about seven seconds.
    I am envious of anyone who can sleep so well. Even in the best of times it will take me a little while to fall asleep. I have a friend who can sleep almost at will. He once fell sound asleep in his chair at a restaurant while we were waiting for the server.

If I couldn't sleep I think I would seriously consider hurting myself. I am an expert sleeper. I remember being shocked when I read that it takes the average person seven minutes to fall asleep. It takes me about seven seconds. If it takes me longer than 10 minutes to fall asleep I consider my night shot.

My husband has trouble sleeping and I feel terrible for him. I agree with Ally. You need to get someone to hit you. Hard.

I am very sorry for you.
    My husband has that magical ability, the jerkphace. I suffer on and off from insomnia, and even on a good night it takes me far longer than 7 minutes to fall asleep. His head hits pillows and one second I am talking to him, and the next second he's snoring.

Sorry, guys. It makes my husband mad too.

And Tim, I have done things like fall asleep in a restaurant many times. I feel asleep bowling once.....

Driving can be dangerous without caffeine. That is a downfall.

I feel asleep bowling once.....
    The laugh I got from that comment has made my entire day.

Glad you finally got some sleep. Stay away from the booze, though, it'll hurt more than help.

The only things that help me are melatonin and triazolam. You'll need a prescription for the second one, but if you can get some, get ready for the wildest lucid dreaming you've ever had. Oh, and it might screw up your brain.

Straighten out a paperclip and heat it until it's red-hot. Melt a hole through the purple-est part of your toenail (and just the toenail. Yes, blood will squirt, but that should relieve the pressure and maybe save the nail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast