This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sleepless

Default Re: Sleepless

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    The laugh I got from that comment has made my entire day.
    I am happy to help. You may go to sleep smiling now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Glad you finally got some sleep. Stay away from the booze, though, it'll hurt more than help.

The only things that help me are melatonin and triazolam. You'll need a prescription for the second one, but if you can get some, get ready for the wildest lucid dreaming you've ever had. Oh, and it might screw up your brain.

Straighten out a paperclip and heat it until it's red-hot. Melt a hole through the purple-est part of your toenail (and just the toenail. Yes, blood will squirt, but that should relieve the pressure and maybe save the nail.
    I tried melatonin once during a bout of sleeplessness and it had no effect. Triazolam sounds awesome, however. And that paper clip thing. Where did that originate, the Spanish Inquisition?

And that paper clip thing. Where did that originate, the Spanish Inquisition?
    For me, it originated on a Spruance-class Destroyer somewhere in the Persian Gulf. I dropped something stupid-heavy on my toe and that's how Doc fixed me up. He did ask me first if I passed out easily, and that should have been my first clue that something bad was about to happen.

For me, it originated on a Spruance-class Destroyer somewhere in the Persian Gulf. I dropped something stupid-heavy on my toe and that's how Doc fixed me up. He did ask me first if I passed out easily, and that should have been my first clue that something bad was about to happen.
    I do not question the effectiveness of the procedure. I do question my own bravery in attempting it on myself.

I do not question the effectiveness of the procedure. I do question my own bravery in attempting it on myself.
    It helps if there's a big ole Bo'sun's Mate behind you to hold you down and keep you from squirming. Know any?

It helps if there's a big ole Bo'sun's Mate behind you to hold you down and keep you from squirming. Know any?
    Nope. No Bo'suns here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123