This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it asking too much?

Default Re: Is it asking too much?

Yay FF! I'm so happy for you! and possibly a bit envious...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...maybe this'll help Bob...feel free to print it off...

Thank you for this. After practicing for a bit, I think I had it down and wrote it myself on the front page of all my S.K. books. Now I have a signed copy of everything!

I also added things like "To my #1 fan" and "Thank you for letting me read your book, it is the best."

Congrats, FF! I got lucky with the lottery system for the signed, limited of 11/22/63, and it is quite a feeling to open that book up and see the signature. Now you just have to be patient for it to arrive!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Dark, No Stars View Post
    Thank you for this. After practicing for a bit, I think I had it down and wrote it myself on the front page of all my S.K. books. Now I have a signed copy of everything!

I also added things like "To my #1 fan" and "Thank you for letting me read your book, it is the best."
    ...I wouldn't suggest aspiring to the signature line in his checkbook though....there are a number of 360 pound muscle bound inmates waiting to "enjoy" the "pleasure" of yer company if ya do...

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    OMG!!!!

Taking Marsha's advice above, I signed up for several publishers' newsletters last week. Over the weekend I got an email from Cemetery Dance saying that I might want to log onto their site at 10:00 AM today. They didn't say what it would be, but I took their advice, and 3 minutes later I had a printed confirmation receipt that I had ordered the Deluxe Special Edition (signed and traycased) of Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep"!!! After 33 years of reading SK, I'm finally getting a signed book!!!

You should ALWAYS listen when Ms. Mod gives advice!

Thanks Marsha, I'm ecstatic! (If you couldn't tell by all the exclamation points!!!)
    ....allow me to offer you congrats Bob...and a tissue....

If I ever want to get me one of them signed, limited editions I'm probably gonna have to sell a kidney to be able to afford it. Good thing you can live with one kidney.

, spot on, way to go, congrats FF. That's the best news of the day. Woo Hoo......... always trust MsMod's advice.

Next step...telling the wife I spent $450 on a book.
    Luckily I have a small stash of "mad money" for this sort of thing, but I'm still sorta expecting to get a long sigh from her.

And it only takes a post....... Say happy again to ya.

Oh, fushing, the words "Is it asking too much" have the whine built right in to them, like Janice on "Friends."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast