This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts about Steve's essay

Default Re: Your thoughts about Steve's essay

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    James Tracy is a person who denies facts in order to support his own opinion. That makes him a charlatan of the highest order.

He believes that the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting was a false flag operation orchestrated by powerful elite interests. He believes the same thing about last summer's shooting at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado; the same thing about the September 11 attacks; the same thing about the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing; and the 1993 World Trade Center bombing; and the assassinations of John F. Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy, and Martin Luther King, Jr.

Have you read the Snopes article, swampdonkeykid? If not, please do. Once you have, please debunk the statements contained therein with sourced and cited evidence.
    ------------------

not to mention snopes attacks it from the staged hoax perspective. I don't believe it was a staged hoax. Never have. Again, I just want answers to seemingly easy questions that can't be given. I have no idea what happened at sandy hook! That's always been my point! The media has no integrity because of the inept reporting. And no, it's not just simple confusion. My god, anyone with questions and y'all knee jerk react conspiracy theory.

your reactions say more about what you think then you know. None of you are sure and are obviously scared.

me too!

Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkeykid View Post
    And, by the way, who owns and runs snopes?
    David and Barbara Mikkelson. Barbara is a Canadian national, and David was a card-carrying Republican until a year or so ago, when he became an Independent, more Libertarian, US voter.

That's who.

---------------------

snopes? Seriously? I found it to be a pretty lame attempt. And, by the way, who owns and runs snopes? So.......no, ain't buying it.
    In this day and age you don't do your own investigating ? Let the corproate backed website debunk it for you? Ok, explains everything....

When a site (like Snopes) does research, and then cite their sources, it is very easy to verify their information. When someone like James Tracy hypothesizes and provides no evidence to support his claims, it is usually easy to do the research to disprove their claims.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I find it incredible that anybody actually thinks that Parker exhibits anything resembling normal behavior. "Oh, but everyone grieves differently." No. They don't. His behavior is suspect to say the least.
    Since my last will no doubt be blocked by the ever-watchful eye of our moderator, I'll try again.

Congratulations, you're now the cream of the crop. You're right up there on the short list with Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist. Good job, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Would you like drool cup?...well, it's just that sometimes new meds can make a tad bit loopy and I just thought...
    Oh I'm so very sorry, didn't mean to bring up that bein' able to think thing, why I'd almost swear how repentant I feel about it...yeah, I'm like totally over it now, thanks for caring
    ------
    Thanks for bringing up meds. I wonder why the media ignores the connection between big pharma and mass shootings? Guns guns guns is the battle cry from corporate media. Not one mention of why it happened? Or ssri pills?I find that just a bit curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Waving The Flagg View Post
    A .22 is not a pea shooter. Do you think it would be easier to hit a moving squirrel (or a person) with an AR-15? My guess is that you have no clue because you've never hunted and probably never fired a weapon. That is why semantics in this discussion is important. A large % of Americans do not understand guns...a .22, a 12 gauge shotgun, a 30.06, a TEC 9? They're all guns and therefore all fall into the same category for them. Same with my ORIGINAL point which is the difference between semi-automatic and automatic. The terms are used interchangeably and that doesn't help the discussion. The only way to have good dialog is for the people involved in the dialog to be educated on the subject they are discussing. The semantics have everything to do with the subject of gun control.
    I agree that it's helpful to have a clear idea of what the weapons we are discussing actually do and what they are called, but in the end, the more bullets a gun can fire the more targets it can hit no matter what it's called. When six-year-olds are in the line of fire I don't really find what the gun is called an issue of much consequence. We just need to make it harder to shoot people, that's all.

------
    Thanks for bringing up meds. I wonder why the media ignores the connection between big pharma and mass shootings? Guns guns guns is the battle cry from corporate media. Not one mention of why it happened? Or ssri pills?I find that just a bit curious.
    What happened was that guns were easily accessible to a person who should not have had them. Lack of or use of SSRIs is not what killed those people. Guns with ammunition fired into their bodies is what killed them.

------------------

not to mention snopes attacks it from the staged hoax perspective. I don't believe it was a staged hoax. Never have. Again, I just want answers to seemingly easy questions that can't be given. I have no idea what happened at sandy hook! That's always been my point! The media has no integrity because of the inept reporting. And no, it's not just simple confusion. My god, anyone with questions and y'all knee jerk react conspiracy theory.

your reactions say more about what you think then you know. None of you are sure and are obviously scared.

me too!
    Maybe you should start a thread in the debate section of the forum detailing what you believe/don't believe and why. I can't seem to get a grasp on it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    What happened was that guns were easily accessible to a person who should not have had them.
    Very true.

Lack of or use of SSRIs is not what killed those people. Guns with ammunition fired into their bodies is what killed them.
    While technically, that's true, if the killer's brain was acting like a normal brain, the very idea of shooting all those kids would never have even occurred to him.

I don't believe that America has a gun problem. We have a people problem. And no, I have no idea how to fix it, though comprehensive background checks for every firearm purchase would be a good start.

I just read an article which I think is interesting, no matter which side of the gun debate you are on. At the very least it is level headed and well thought out.

http://asmdss.com/page/news.html/_/a...amendment.html

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast