Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
For what it is worth... - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For what it is worth...

Default Re: For what it is worth...

This is mature.

This is another behavior that just doesn't make sense to me. The "rawr, rawr you don't agree with me on the one topic I seem to take the most seriously of any topics out there! Burn books, CDs, movies! Rawr, rawr, rawr! Let's not put in any actual thoughts behind what we are saying and just say it because it feels good but doesn't actually get anything done! RAWR!"

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    wow

ditto

I agree.

as king is a fan of Obama I find it irresponsible and shameful to push for this gun control while Obama continues to drone bomb little kids and women, destroying families, in myriad countries that we aren't even at war with! Not to mention the other egregious violations of our rights that he has intensified since W left ( Ndaa, etc.)

in addition, I am outraged at the inept media coverage of the event. Total disgrace.

would this " assault weapons" ban be talked about if lanza used pistols, as was widely reported for over 24 hours? Hmm? Connect the dots.

another constant reader has left....

That's bad for the environment. Can you send the books to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis View Post
    Dear Mr. King,
    I am 38 and have been a life long "constant reader" of yours. I am one of those folks who (when actual bookstores were still around) would rush out to buy the hardback of your latest offering the day it was available. Hell, I'm one of those guys who would have bought your grocery list in hardback if you ever published it.

That ended today. Never again will I give you 1 cent of my hard earned cash after your statement about the NRA and responsibility for gun violence. I spoke up for you many times when they blamed "Rage" for school shootings. I thought it was a shame when you pulled that story out of guilt. I am sure you wrote this essay out of guilt, as well.

Just as I would never think to blame a fictional story for the deeds of an evil individual, it is just as much a folly to blame inanimate objects for those deeds. I only wish you could understand that.
    As I sit here and wonder "What should I now do with this entire bookcase of Stephen King hardbacks (and truth be told some paperbacks, as well)?", I think maybe I should give them away to charity. No, I don't want to encourage someone else to make the bad decision I made in becoming a fan. Maybe I should start a protest bon fire with them and post a photo of it on your wall. No, I can't get behind burning books for any cause.

I think I will quietly slip them into the recycling can and try to erase you, Mr. King, and your stories from my memory. I am done with you.
    Donate your books to me....I'll be happy to have them. I'm already an SK fan, so you wouldn't be encouraging me or influencing me at all.
    I've known for years that Mr. King and I are basically at polar opposites politically.....but I respect his opinion, and his right to voice that opinion. As a citizen of the USA, he has the same rights as the rest of us.

I haven't read the essay yet......but I'd never have such an overreaction as you just had even if I didn't agree with his opinion.

If you're seriously considering tossing those books, PM me for my address.....I'll be more than happy for you to donate them to the Library of Sunny D. ♥

Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkeykid View Post
    I agree.

as king is a fan of Obama I find it irresponsible and shameful to push for this gun control while Obama continues to drone bomb little kids and women, destroying families, in myriad countries that we aren't even at war with! Not to mention the other egregious violations of our rights that he has intensified since W left ( Ndaa, etc.)

in addition, I am outraged at the inept media coverage of the event. Total disgrace.

would this " assault weapons" ban be talked about if lanza used pistols, as was widely reported for over 24 hours? Hmm? Connect the dots.

...yet you keep posting....

Quote Originally Posted by swampdonkeykid View Post
    I agree.

You might want to check to see what kind of weapons are pretty much always used in mass shootings. Hint: it's assault rifles and big clips.

Don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis View Post
    I think I will quietly slip them into the recycling can and try to erase you, Mr. King, and your stories from my memory. I am done with you.
    Why not donate them to a library or something.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...sooo, you join up only to quit?...way to stand by your convictions!....I am underwhelmed...
    I join you in underwhelment.

Man, you'd think SK had said he was "bigger than Jesus" or something. Sheesh, can't someone express an opinion different than your own? Good luck with that, amigo.

I'd like to take the time personally to send out a big salute to those of you on this board whose opinions differ greatly from King's (you know who you are, and the rest of us probably do too) but are still sticking around and being loyal fans. Don't go anywhere, we welcome all types here! Variety is the spice of life, and heck, we might all learn something about ourselves when our beliefs are challenged.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast