Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
McDonalds Boycott! - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: McDonalds Boycott!

Default Re: McDonalds Boycott!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund View Post
    And who or what are the blue and red walking dust bunnies?
    Aren't those the "Fry Guys?" If not, I don't know either...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Anyhoo, back to McDonalds, I worked there for a couple of months in my younger years. They give you free food when on duty and the managers were highly offended that I never ate any of my meals there! These people would eat McDonalds meals every single shift. It was bad enough serving it without consuming it also. Every now and then I occasionally fancy a Big Mac, but it's very rare. Ooh, and I like their sweet and sour dip.
    Ate none of the food from the 'hand that was feeding you' but you accepted money to give it to others? Okay, each must choose their morals and standards for themselves. But why not a salad? Why not a sundae or apple pie? How about an employee do it yourself veggie burger? Not surprising that the managers were offended having an employee boycott their food for everybody to see. I personally would have had you clean the toilets with a toothbrush if I would have been your manager back then. No offense.

Somebody's going to be in trouble.

Hey Gnt, I love the art but old Ronny should be winning that fight, he's way cooler than the king!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    Ate none of the food from the 'hand that was feeding you' but you accepted money to give it to others? Okay, each must choose their morals and standards for themselves. But why not a salad? Why not a sundae or apple pie? How about an employee do it yourself veggie burger? Not surprising that the managers were offended having an employee boycott their food for everybody to see. I personally would have had you clean the toilets with a toothbrush if I would have been your manager back then. No offense.
    Choosing not to eat the food where you work is not the same as a boycott, it's a personal choice. And employees eat their food in a staff area away from the public so that would never be an issue. But even if it were, tough titty, I still wouldn't be coerced into eating it. I've always prepared my own lunches for work, no matter where I work, so why should the food being free encourage different behaviour? I always try to avoid packaged salads and sandwiches where possible, they are often laden with unnecessary calories and fat, so I prefer to make my own. And also, people are aware of the consequences should they eat too much fast food, it's their choice to purchase it so no I am not ashamed of being in a job that provided that service. I was raised to earn my own money and always work, there's no shame in that.

Those Sausage Egg McMuffins with Cheese sure are good. Speaking of the Ronald McDonald gang...did anyone have the playset when they were kids? My little brother had the playset and all of the characters (action figures, not dolls).

No, But I remember when they had to stop giving away their little "spoons"...

In my best Samuel L Jackson voice :- "What do they call a Tesco Quarter Pounder in Paris?"

"A Royale Ascot"

I've been boycotting MacDonalds for about seven years - and even that time was because I was on a coach trip that stopped at one. Their chicken burgers are not so bad, but their beef patties are thin and flavourless.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast