Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Old People - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Old People

Default Re: The Old People

write a story that takes place in the time of the Old People

Now, you know Blunthead didn't really PM me... kiddin

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cabassi View Post
    I think it would be cool if SK would write a story that takes place in the time of the Old People and the heyday of North Central Positronics. Has he ever mentioned anything about the possibility of doing that?

Also, if anyone with access to him reads this, consider this an enthusiastic request! I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd pass this on to him
    Maybe he already has, and we just dont know it.... can you dig that happy crappy?

its a great exercise just picturing it. Maybe he just wanted to tease us with a glimpse through this keyhole...(thats better than a silly 'behind the curtain 'reference huh?)

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by unclelouie View Post
    Maybe he already has, and we just dont know it.... can you dig that happy crappy?
    Totally what I was thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I don't remember his mentioning it, but I don't trust my memory as much as I used to. Will pass along your suggestion.
    Wait, what?!! All we have to do suggest something and you'll pass it on to him, Ms Mod?!!! Okay, then........could you suggest that he send me a signed copy of one of his books? Thanks in advance.

Absolutely. We'll be sending it back along with that check that is in the mail.

I think Ive got this all figured out... I sincerely believe that The Bachman books are stories about The Old People.....

Before the Old People scewed the pooch and exterminated themselves, I believe their world was very similar to ours... of course In the times of the Old People, there was a city that was almost a carbon copy of NYC (Lud). They had Sunoco and Texaco stations. Heck, they even had The Beatles (Hey Jude..). And toward the end, Im sure there was martial law. A police state. Some fascism. Some end-times crazy stuff. Very dystopian, right? Like dystopian to the point that they would have game shows like on the Running Man, or contest such as Long Walks. I mean, that's some messed up stuff the Old People were probably into at the end.

Plus, Phil Drake from Roadwork is Father Callahan and the dark figure at the end of The Long Walk.. I say its Flagg.... And Flagg and Callahan both are figures of Mid World. Just my ten cents. Im probably wrong, but I like to think Im not

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

Cool hypothesis, Unclelouie! Ka is a wheel, after all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12