Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Star Wars - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

Default Re: Star Wars

I don't know if I'm looking forward to this movie or not. I mean... what is it going to be about? The backstory has been fleshed out (in poor fashion, IMO), but it has been done and I'm not sure what more could be added. I know there are a ton of books about Star Wars so is this movie supposed to be based on one of those or what?

Until I know more about the story (or lack thereof) I won't make a judgement just yet as to whether or not this new movie will be yet another terrible addition to the Star Wars franchise.

But I'm keeping my expectations low for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post
    I don't know if I'm looking forward to this movie or not. I mean... what is it going to be about? The backstory has been fleshed out (in poor fashion, IMO), but it has been done and I'm not sure what more could be added. I know there are a ton of books about Star Wars so is this movie supposed to be based on one of those or what?

Until I know more about the story (or lack thereof) I won't make a judgement just yet as to whether or not this new movie will be yet another terrible addition to the Star Wars franchise.

When it was originally announced the most popular theory was that Luke, Leia and Han Solo would most likely be supporting characters and the story would revolve their children, but that was before Abrams was involved, so at this point it could go anywhere. I have really enjoyed all of Abrams' movies up to this point and think he is a really good directer (except for all those damn lens flares he likes to use) so I have no reason to doubt his ability to do Star Wars. So at this point I'll keep my expectations quietly hopeful.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post

I could be wrong, but I believe when the first Star Wars was done in the 70s, I heard that there were plans for 9 movies. The original 3 were episodes 4,5 and 6 and then the more recent ones were 1,2 & 3. So I'm guessing that 7,8 & 9 were written a long time ago.

I didn't realize the franchise would be continued. I didn't mind the prequels, but I wonder what the new movie will include. At least there's a good director.

I have just 5 words on the subject:

"NO JAR JAR BINKS, PLEASE!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe when the first Star Wars was done in the 70s, I heard that there were plans for 9 movies. The original 3 were episodes 4,5 and 6 and then the more recent ones were 1,2 & 3. So I'm guessing that 7,8 & 9 were written a long time ago.

Years ago George Lucas said he had originally intended to do 9 films in the series. Then about five years ago he said that he had never intended on doing anything after the prequels. Now I hear he is providing plot ideas to the new project that he had come up with many years ago. Mostly I think he just likes to screw around with people.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    I have just 5 words on the subject:

"NO JAR JAR BINKS, PLEASE!!!"
    Well, what did you think the J.J. in Abrams' name stood for? That's why they picked him

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    The normal, rational human being side of me cries "money grubbing philistines!", but the nerd side of me says, "cool."

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    Well, what did you think the J.J. in Abrams' name stood for? That's why they picked him

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast