This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 256

Thread: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

    When the number of deaths caused by golf clubs reaches the same level as those caused by guns, you might have an argument. How many mass murders have occurred in the past year with a golf club being used as the weapon? Hardly apples to apples wouldn't you say?


  2. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    When the number of deaths caused by golf clubs reaches the same level as those caused by guns, you might have an argument. How many mass murders have occurred in the past year with a golf club being used as the weapon? Hardly apples to apples wouldn't you say?
    So is your concern murder or unintended deaths? And is your concern simply murder by gun...or all murders? Or just mass shootings where people used 'large capacity magazines' and 'assault weapons'??

    I am confused. Because I thought you said the 'plan' is not to take all guns off the street, but just so called 'assault weapons and large capacity magazines'? But those that are killed by a rifle(any rifle), not just those done in mass shootings are actually less than those killed with blunt instruments per year.

    So, if your goal is to just 'ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines' to reduce murder, you would actually be better off banning 'golf clubs' since murder by blunt object is higher than murder by 'assault rifle' per year. That is, assuming your thought process, that the item someone uses to commit a violent act is the cause of the violence.

    Now, if your goal was to lower the overall murder rate by firearm, you would be much better off banning handguns. ALL handguns. Because the number that are murdered by handguns far far far outweighs the number killed by 'rifles'. By the thousands. In fact, it is the overwhelming majority. Again, assuming your thought process, that the item someone uses to commit a violent act is the cause of the violence.

    So, if you really want to lower 'murder by firearm' why dont you ban all handguns instead of assault rifles that are used in a very small number of homicides every year?

    But heck, if your goal is to lower the unintended death rate in this country, you should probably be asking our government to ban forks, as over 300,000 people die every year due to complications associated with obesity. That is...again, if the fork caused the person to eat too much...just like the gun caused a murder?

    If your goal is to just lower 'mass shootings', I would say than that you really dont care about our overall murder rate in this country. As mass shootings are a very very small fraction of crimes. But, it has been proven before that 'assault weapon bans and magazine capacities' dont stop mass shootings. Remember, Columbine happened during the Clinton ban. Heck, Virginia tech, the guy did not use an 'assault weapon'. And mass shooting or killings are not a 'new' phenomenon that has only come about since the introduction of the AR15. The earliest mass shooting in the US? 1764. 1 teacher and 10 students dead. http://news.discovery.com/history/ma...ory-121220.htm

    Sadly, you will never prevent mass killings or even mass shootings. The best way to deal with the problem is to expand mental health access. I mean, look at all these guys that did these things. They are clearly off their rocker. I wouldn't want them to have access to a tank of propane, a motor vehicle, a gas can, a knife, an axe, or even a golf club...let alone a firearm. So go after the loonies and leave my civil rights alone.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

    I was saying that your logic was flawed.


  4. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    2,276

    Default Re: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by jay1799 View Post
    I just so happen to live in Florida as well.
    Good then you know about the lightning issue already. And I will agree it occurs way less here than gun violence.

    And no. I dont live in fear of lightning. I think it would be unreasonable to live in fear of something that happens so infrequently.
    Sigh... You're nothing if not consistent with not thinking things all the way through before you speak. Most everything is relatively infrequent to the total entropy of the planet. But since we are talking about intentional acts, maybe this logic doesn't apply. That still doesn't explain the fear mongering about the evil guv'ment you have displayed here. That happens far LESS in the history of the human race than either gun violence or lightning strikes deaths, yet here you are, all afraid of the slippery slope these liberal scum are creating and making your life oh so much less free and enjoyable. Paranoid much. Which that is the most paralyzing fear there is. It drips from your posts.

    But the question was not if you run outside swinging a golf club in a lightning storm, the question is whether you are demanding that the government passes a law that someone else cant even own a gulf club!
    Wow it's like your perception is one of those juicer machines. I put in an orange and got avocado juice back. That isn't even close to what my "question" was. And I didn't ask a non-rhetorical question. I have asked nothing in regards to your posts that in any way did not already contain the answer. These questions aren't for me. I already understand this and how wrong your entire line of thought is. Those are for you.

    If there was a "question" posed, it was quite simple: Do you think if there are more salmon there will be more salmon activity? How about meteors? How about marshmallows? Taylor Swift songs? And finally, *gasp* guns? <-- OH NOZ!!!

    Complex idea I know, but just press your temples very hard and grunt and you will get it. Although sometimes when I do, I get the wind something terrible. Especially after a couple of burritos.

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    2,276

    Default Re: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I was saying that your logic was flawed.
    But, but, but...

    that implies there was some...

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I was saying that your logic was flawed.
    How so? That asking my government to ban golf clubs to stop people running out in a lightning storm with them would stop people getting hit by lightning?

    If so. I agree. That kind of logic is deeeeeply flawed. But it ain't my logic.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky
    Posts
    5,859

    Default Re: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by jay1799 View Post

    But the question was not if you run outside swinging a golf club in a lightning storm, the question is whether you are demanding that the government passes a law that someone else cant even own a gulf club!
    Wow, now that right there is whatcha call some outstandingly & most ignorantly said bullsh!t, even for you, Snap-On...big time congrats on your almost original originality...'golf clubs' HA!*SNRT!*HA! good, eh, fair one!
    FORE!!!

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by jay1799 View Post
    How so? That asking my government to ban golf clubs to stop people running out in a lightning storm with them would stop people getting hit by lightning?

    If so. I agree. That kind of logic is deeeeeply flawed. But it ain't my logic.
    Seriously? Seriously? I really need to explain it? Because if that actually made sense to you, then I don't think any amount of my trying to explain it will suffice.


  9. #139
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    2,276

    Default Re: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by jay1799 View Post
    The best way to deal with the problem is to expand mental health access. I mean, look at all these guys that did these things. They are clearly off their rocker. I wouldn't want them to have access to a tank of propane, a motor vehicle, a gas can, a knife, an axe, or even a golf club...let alone a firearm.
    YES!!!! See you can make a salient point!!! This is a very valid discussion and really the true root of the problem. The unfortunate thing about this for your opinion is that it destroys it. Our history of enthusiasm for guns, wars, ethnic cleansing, slavery, violence , etc., is why we have these types of problems. But make no mistake, the ability to quickly make things dead via various explosive things, the primary one being guns, is a HUGE and ORIGINAL contributor to overall psyche of the aggressive American alpha type.

    So kudos, kiddo! Good topical discussion point surrounding the real issue here.

    But then you had to go and ruin it with this nonsense...

    So go after the loonies and leave my civil rights alone.

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    2,276

    Default Re: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Seriously? Seriously? I really need to explain it? Because if that actually made sense to you, then I don't think any amount of my trying to explain it will suffice.


    MM, you crack me the hell up!! I am literally LOLing to the point my coworker had to come see what was wrong. It's probably because I can actually visualize the look on your face while typing this out.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Uncut version? (Brady's body torn apart)
    By Dogbyte420 in forum Silver Bullet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 11th, 2012, 11:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •