Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free. - Page 17

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Default Re: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

Quote Originally Posted by jay1799 View Post

But, from a self defense standpoint? Particularly an AR15 with a standard magazine(to me, a 20 or 30 round magazine is standard) is lightweight, easy to maneuver in tight places, easy to maintain on target for follow up shots, reliable and accurate. What else would someone want in a self defense firearm?

OoooOoooooo pick me pick me, I know I know I know...

And to make it even betterer, let's make 'em cheap and mass produce the ever livin' snot out of 'em, and by golly god damn let's make sure it's easy as pie, or a shot in the eye, for almost anybody who's a mentally vacant profit driven predator kinda azzzzzhole, to just go out and buy a pick up truck load of 'em if they want to on, and a whim, then "import" 'em to our more domestic war zones for fun & profit, fun fun fun for not so much whole families anymore maybe, butt bidness is bidness *Cha$Ching*!!!
    Be kinda like havin' a domestic cottage industrial complex of modern day gun runnin', and right here in our very own backyards, well okay, and schools and stuff..oh right, we already are, hell where's my mind that's Fear Mongering Economics 101 for Pistol Pete's sake, and holy smokin' barrels just how freakin' kewl has that been, huh, Mac?

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ~Benjamin Franklin
    This would make more sense when applied to a liberty that isn't supposedly *about* safety.

"Why do you need unrestricted firepower?"
    "To keep us safe from criminals and tyranny."
    "But statistics clearly show that high rates of gun ownership correlate positively with high rates of gun death, so they're not keeping us safe."
    "'Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.'"
    " ..."

Tweet from Joe Hill earlier tonight, quoting journalist David Frum: "As more go armed, the more that those as yet unarmed feel compelled to arm themselves too. The technical term for this: barbarism."

But I will try again.
    ...Hoss, as the legendary Foghorn Leghorn would say...

“That, I say that boy’s just like a tatoo, gets under your skin”

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    "As more go armed, the more that those as yet unarmed feel compelled to arm themselves too. The technical term for this: barbarism."
    And the N.itwit R.ifle A.ss'ociation seems to already be out in force with that Br'er FOX like oh so clever marketing they be more & more infamously infamous for...

Yeah the kiddies should freakin' it, that wacky N.R.A. certainly seems to nose how to picka winner...but alass, and yet once again, it'snot.

Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post

1. These are hunting guns. No discussion necessary. If you need more than one shot, you suck at hunting and shooting.
    2. Irrational fears: the government is coming to get you,

1. REAL men hunt with a bow.
    1. REAL hunters are hunting for meat/fur etc. It's best not to masticate the animal in the process.

2. It always shocks me when me people so fearful of the government post about their rights to "bear arms" to defend themselves against their government. I think it's an excuse. People that paranoid of their government KNOW the government is tracking them on the Internet. So the people who TRULY believe that wouldn't be posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post
    And with that folks, I rest my case. Fear, pure and simple. No other real reason. Did anyone else notice that a simple question was asked and a rambling revisit of the same nonsense was given?

If you are much over 21 years old I would be shocked (if you are, I shudder). Your immaturity shows through in your views. That, plus your inability to answer a simple straightforward question with a simple straightforward answer. Most likely because the simple answer is there is no reason to have these things besides " 'cuz " and that certainly doesn't support your incoherent nonsense you try to pass off as some sort of wisdom.

Weren't you here to tell everyone that all things King are off your radar now? Yet you're still here...? Hmmm...

But, please, list some more neocon skewed websites (getting those clicks up hopefully) that list "facts" that happen to be your opinions too!! Golly, how quaint!!
    BWAHAHA. Are you sure your not a paid internet shill for Bloomberg? I mean, this is actually funny.

Your whole argument basically boils down to. "No...no...no....you are wrong, because I say so. Oh, and you are nothing more than an immature gun loving NEOCON." It does make me laugh at your constant use of the term neocon now. It shows me you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, and like to use words that you think most people dont understand hoping that you sound smart. You may fool the kiddies swimming around, but the adults in the pool see right thru it.

As far as rambling, I figured on a website for an author that writes books that go on and on for a thousand pages, and where he can take 200 pages to setup a character background...that my post would not have been deemed to difficult or rambling to understand. But here, let me make it more simple for you. I hope your level of reading comprehension is high enough to understand it.

Hunting.

It is a Right.

Self Defense.

Was that short enough for you or did it stretch your brain cells too far. As far as 'neocon' websites, you are actually calling a local news station and wikipedia...neocon websites? Wow. Maybe the kiddies in the pool are not even fooled anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    What is it about 20 dead babies, riddled with bullet holes that is so hard to understand? The time has come to stop arguing and start changing the way we care about each other. Seriously.
    I agree.

The time has come.

It is about time we fix our sad and lacking mental Heath systems in this country. It is a despicable that people don't want to fix and underlying cause of violence in our society, that is so evident by this shooting.

We should also look at beefing up security. Heck, the folks at newtown now realize that. They made the decision to add armed resource officers at their schools finally. Maybe it is about time the rest of the nation gets on board. It's not like it is a new thought. Roughly a third to 50% of schools in this country already do it. Isn't it about time the rest of the country decides to protect our most precious resources? What kind of person would be against security at our schools?
    http://www.countytimes.com/articles/...0443529729.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    What is it about 20 dead babies, riddled with bullet holes that is so hard to understand? The time has come to stop arguing and start changing the way we care about each other. Seriously.
    Understanding is not the problem. Caring is.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    [/LIST]

1. REAL men hunt with a bow.
    1. REAL hunters are hunting for meat/fur etc. It's best not to masticate the animal in the process
    Wild feral hog are pests. Disagree with it if you want, but the damage to people's property and crops is real.

However, to prove this point would probably require a thread all to its own. And some here may call it 'rambling' /rollseyes

Quote Originally Posted by jay1799
    Jay, you present some very good arguments in most of your posts--arguments that others may disagree with, but still, they're good arguments. But--again, in most of your posts--you sabotage yourself by presenting the indefensible. Golf clubs and lighting? Thirty-round clips? Cannons?

Really?

I'd stick to what can be legitimately defended, and leave out the hyperbole and outlandish analogies.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast