This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

Default Re: Change Brady to a charity, or give it away for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Just another gun nut. No point in talking to you.
    I agree, but playing with the arrogant, yet introspectively feeble, can be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by exzel View Post
    I’m not an expert (nor do I own any rifle other than a rare and mint WWII Japanese Navy Type I bolt action rifle manufactured by Beretta), but if they outlaw magazines over 10 rounds, but don’t outlaw each and every semi-automatic rifle, wouldn’t it be rather easy to just tape two or three magazines together “jungle style” with a simple piece of duct tape, turning it into a pseudo 20 or 30 round mag, and still be compliant with the law? Or would that 3-5 seconds needed to reverse the mag make all the difference in the world? Just askin'
    This is a good point and why the discussion needs to move beyond the talking points and fear mongering. This is also why the advocacy side has a very valid point that just making this or that magazine illegal isn't going to fix the overall issue. If new laws aren't really addressing the possibilities, then they probably won't work. But, without getting down to very basic questions of what does work, why each side is so vehement in their position and also looking elsewhere to what has/hasn't been tried, this whole issue is pointless to even talk about in the first place.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    What is it about 20 dead babies, riddled with bullet holes that is so hard to understand? The time has come to stop arguing and start changing the way we care about each other. Seriously.
    No worries there Purrrtricia, the N.itwit R.ifle A.ss'ociation, they done got it covered like strained whirled peas on a lib's bib.
    Ain't y'all heard ol' PeePee La'Peabrain get all lathered up about that that there 'Trans Vaginal Ultra Arming'...ohhh yeaaaahhh, he's wantin' to be puttin' fetal firearms, personhood popguns if you will, right in there with 'em...BIG SALE is a comin'!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jay1799 View Post
    Whatever, Skilsazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I support the Brady Act. I can't look a child in the face and do otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_H...Prevention_Act

Explain to this baby, Emilie Alice Parker 6 years old, how you have the right to own an assault rifle. Oh you can't, she's dead.

Although, I thought the golf clubs and lightning was funny. As it showed how silly it is to ban something. And it simply came up as a comparison to how often mass shootings occur. Spreading fear of mass shootings would be like spreading fear of lightning strikes.
    Fair enough, but it was not even a logical comparison is the problem. The only thing funny is you thought it was even applicable to what I originally said and showed the immaturity of your thought process. The point being made was the reason we have more lightning strike deaths here in Florida is not because people wave golf clubs in the air, yelling "You rat fart!!!!" (let's see if yungun can get that reference), it's because we have more lightning. It was an attempt to get you back to the part you gloss over time and again with your attempts to outsmart everyone... the very basics. 1+1=2. Sure unless you get into black hole math, then it doesn't right? Your whole argument about this subject is black hole math.

However, it is not something I normally would argue.
    But you did, more than once, thinking you were making a point. Again, the ONLY point you made is your thoughts are specious in construct and fallacious in process.

It is not like I am operating off a script here(although I am sure some believe I am).
    This proves you don't read well, or don't comprehend well, both or something more sinister. You have been told we that have been here awhile have heard these same arguments OVER and OVER and OVER. Often time almost verbatim with neocon websites, essays, etc. See because we don't just tow the left or center lines here, we actually go red the other side and weigh it. Then we say how dumb and bereft of thought beyond a milktoast level it is.

It's kind of like this.... In childhood psychology you learn that babies and small kids have unique thoughts, but patterns are easy to identify. This applies to both individual and group dynamics. In other words, children often think alike and you can often predict the way they will react. Though the individual expression of the thoughts may vary, the underlying causation is the same. This is simply because kids are simple due to a lack of experience and volume of input cognition. It is not, therefore, a shock to hear kids, from all sorts of backgrounds, parrot the same basic reasoning. Again this is due to an immaturity of the thought process. But there is also another reason. It is because kids lack the mental stamina to take the time to analyze things beyond the surface. You see this in adults and it is often called "group think". It's just easier to let your mind be lazy and grab onto something that is closely related to your initial opinion. So this is also why you will hear extremists on the left and right be of like mind. You may think you uniquely arrived at this opinion, but I can almost guarantee it is the product of right wing propaganda input and belies an immature mind.

You can choose to BWAHAHAHA this or whatever childish response you like. I am not holding my breath that you will let go of your precious darlings and see reality. I can tell you with almost certainty that you have made one friend here (mostly out of loneliness) and pretty much turned the rest off, even if they somewhat agree with you. And for the record, no you still did not answer my question without dropping the things I detailed. In fact you said the exact things I said to not factor in, as your answers.

But hey, that certainly gives you the street cred to call me dumb. I won't lose any sleep, or friends here, over it.

You rascal you! I just wanna pinch your cute little cheeks and play peek-a-boo with you. But you might shoot me for attacking you!!! EEEEK!!!

Explain to this baby, Emilie Alice Parker 6 years old, how you have the right to own an assault rifle. Oh you can't, she's dead.
    I think that appeals to emotion hinder reasonable discussion. Anytime a kid is murdered, there's always somebody to blame. Rarely is there something at fault.

I agree.

The time has come.

It is about time we fix our sad and lacking mental Heath systems in this country. It is a despicable that people don't want to fix and underlying cause of violence in our society, that is so evident by this shooting.

We should also look at beefing up security. Heck, the folks at newtown now realize that. They made the decision to add armed resource officers at their schools finally. Maybe it is about time the rest of the nation gets on board. It's not like it is a new thought. Roughly a third to 50% of schools in this country already do it. Isn't it about time the rest of the country decides to protect our most precious resources? What kind of person would be against security at our schools?
    http://www.countytimes.com/articles/...0443529729.txt
    'The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round.......'

Sweet Jesus! Why should our kids have to go to a school that has armed guards posted at every entrance? Do you not see how wrong this is? That our kids have to be taught in basically what has literally become a prison (remember when we were kids and used to joke about our school was a prison??) to them. Why, in your mind, is this all ok? Why is this becoming the norm? Our kids get to go to 'prison' so you can have a nice big gun that shoots alot of bullets quickly? Man, that's some skewed logic there. I agree with you that the mental helth care system needs to be beefed up to help those who need it, but that's about it. Stop for a minute and think, seriously think, about how you would have felt had you been forced to go to school where there were armed guards at the doors. Day in day out, walking past those guards with their guns, wondering 'Why are they here? Oh yeah, because people want to shoot at us!' You talk about wanting the mental health care system to be better and yet you want kids to grow up and be taught in an environment of fear, which would therefore create a mindset of paranoia in said children and what would that lead to? Hmmmm, more mental cases and who knows what kind of craziness that would lead to............ I just don't 'get it'.

Can we stop with the name calling and get back to the issues at hand? Pretty please??

If I could? I would hug her. And tell her sadly this country wants to argue over the size of a piece of metal or plastic instead of working on the actual problems of mental illness in this country, while others scoff at providing schools like hers with extra security due to 'the costs' or the fact that a child maybe scared of seeing an armed security guard at their school.

How about this picture?

Attachment 16783

12 year old girl, home alone defends herself against intruder with moms 40 caliber glock.

OR. How about the story of Melinda Herman, who defended herself and her two twin 9 year olds against an intruder with a gun? While her husband was on the phone with the police.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/georgia-mom...ry?id=18164812

OR. How about the story of this 18 year old mom, who defended herself AND her 3 month old child with a gun? While she was on the phone with police.
    http://newsok.com/sarah-mckinley-rec...rticle/3642339

OR. The phoenix 14 yr old that defended himself and the lives of his 3 younger siblings with his dads gun?
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...der/55782484/1

OR. How about the texas 15 year old, that defended his life and that of his younger sister with... *GASP* an 'assault weapon'.
    http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Burgl...-97430719.html

I wonder how big the 15yr olds magazine was. /rollseyes.

Why are these pictures not up on Brady's website? All of these children are still alive this day because they were armed, and defended themselves. Why do you want to take their rights away? Who are you to tell them 'my way is a better way' to defend themselves and their families? Would you rather all of these people have been victims? I wouldnt. I am glad they were able to defend themselves with whatever weapon they chose to.

Here’s something to get an idea on how your representatives in Washington are likely to vote on upcoming gun-control legislation (list based on their stances on gun control, publicly available information: statements, voting records, ratings from both the National Rifle Association and the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, and dollar contributions from the gun lobby). Just my opinion, but it looks like any gun-control legislation will have to be fairly meager, and acceptable to a vast majority of people – like background checks for all sales, in order to get passed.

Recap:
    287 Oppose Gun Reform
    188 Support Gun Reform
    20 Are a Swing Vote
    36 Have an Unclear Position

http://thedailybeast.thisisyourreponguns.com/

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast