Quote Originally Posted by nick13 View Post
Well, I will post my questions to Author here, and may be it would be interesting for others too... I see, that it isn't only reApt Pupil, but it seems to me, that the Long Walk contains something like this...

"Dear Mr. King!
I’m your fan and writing you from St-Petersburg, Russia.
I’m following your works for a long time, and I have several questions, induced by them. The most dramatic works for me are “The Long Walk” and “Apt Pupil”.
So, I made a decision to write you and to find out, I saw the sense enclosed to those books correctly. Your answers and your opinion are very important for me.
Such themes as “Nazism” and “worship of Death”, as I see, they are the main lines for both, “Walk” and “Pupil”.
The society with clear signs of a fascist state is shown in “The Long Walk”. And in the same time – the core of the life of that society is the worship of Death, organized as a Show with ritual self-murders…
The second point is regarding “The Apt Pupil”. It was very interesting to compare the book and the movie. In general, the movie reflected the book in details, but with exception of the final part. It looks like a message that something has changed during the time between the book and the movie, that Nazism get a chance in the contemporary world. And actually, Dussander escaped the penalty and his pupil is unrecognized… Is this the message, sent by the movie?
Through your answers, I hope to understand better the changes of our life and our world.
In the near past, my Homeland overcame Nazism in the incredible fight. Now, I see, the struggle begins again.
I very hope, I would have time and possibility to answer my questions.
Yours faithfully,
Nikolay,
St-Petersburg, Russia."
Stephen doesn't personally answer questions on the Message Board. Also, Bryan Singer was the director and wrote the screenplay for the movie so those would perhaps be questions better directed to him as Stephen would only be giving his opinion of what he saw in the movie not what Bryan Singer's intent was.