Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Has anyone actually met Stephen King? - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone actually met Stephen King?

Default Re: Has anyone actually met Stephen King?

Quote Originally Posted by SusanNorton View Post
    No, Tim D., that's just you he hasn't asked.

I saw him at a speaking event nearly 20 years ago but I didn't get to talk to him one-on-one. He seemed very genuine, warm, a great sense of humor and just a wee bit eccentric, in a good way. A cool guy.

I got to meet his son Joe Hill about 2 years ago, talked to him for about 5 minutes, he shared all of his father's qualities!

Been to Bangor twice, nice little town, nothing pretentious about it, my kinda town--at least when the weather's warm.

I met him very briefly at a book signing for Under the Dome. He was wearing a blue t-shirt and jeans, which impressed me since we have similar wardrobe preferences. He made a few jokes (it was Friday the 13th) before he started signing several hundred books. He seems to be a man 'comfortable in his own skin,' as the saying goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I haven't yet been so fortunate, but I believe that you can get a pretty good idea of who he is by reading everything he writes, listening to interviews, etc. While it's true that people hide who they are all the time, most of us don't publish a novel a year (ish) four decades running, plus nonfiction books, short stories, graphic novels, etc. Hard to completely hide yourself with that kind of prolific output, methinks. Judging by the common thread of decency, intelligence, and gentle good humor running through most of those works, it seems to me that when he's not trying to scare the bejeebers out of us, Stephen King is a pretty good guy.

I'd love to visit Bangor, too (I do love me some road trips), but I'm thinking the Paul Bunyan statue might give me a terminal case of the creeps.

Does it look like this one? This is from Bemidji, Minnesota - yawh, yawh, for sure, you bet - yumpin' yimini etc.

I've met him and Tabitha and Owen and they were all SUPER nice. SK seemed a bit stressed out by all of the attention, which I can DEFINITELY understand.

Tabitha spent the most time talking to me. She was extremely warm and kind.

I've met him twice. He is a genuinely nice guy, and I like his sense of humor.

I have not had the pleasure but it is on my bucket list. I would absolutely LOVE to meet him and to visit Maine!! He has been an ispiration to me since I was a freshman in high school and read Carrie!! I have loved him ever since! I thought that I had read all that he has had to offer but, after becoming a member of this site, have discovered I have a lot of catching up to do! I am his " #1 Fan"!!

I've only met him in my dreams...that came out sounding kinda creepy, but you know what I mean.

I've never been to Maine, but my furniture has. We had orders to Loring AFB in 1990, but got diverted to....Nebraska.

I also met him at a book signing in Atlanta. He used my book for his publicity shots and thanked me for its use. He looked me in the eye and exchanged a few pleasantries with me, then he shook my hand and thanked me for being a fan. It was a day I will never forget. I was so excited that I cried on the drive home. Although I cannot claim to "know" the man, in the few moments I spent in his company, my impression was that he is a decent and generous man. I have been a fan since Carrieand I will continue to be a Constant Reader as long as I live.

Been in the same room (or maybe I should say auditorium) with him twice but never have had the chance to sit and jowl with him. He really does come off as very real and genuine in person. I know he's heard it a million times, but I would love to just say 'Thanks!' to him from the bottom of my heart for all he's given us over these years.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast