Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Has anyone actually met Stephen King? - Page 6

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone actually met Stephen King?

Default Re: Has anyone actually met Stephen King?

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Oh my gawd. -Ask an innocent question about whether or not any of us have met Mr. King, and watch the Boardmembers hijack the thread and turn it into a completely unrelated trouser speculative.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. My pants are with the dry cleaner. I'd wear a skirt but I loaned my kilt to GNTLGNT. We'd make such an awesome duo meeting Mr. King looking like we do right now.
    ...especially her undergarments....I, of course, will not be donning any....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Well, whatever blows your skirt up....wait, I take that back.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    *giggle* Being English, I'm wondering what kind of place this is.
    We speak yer language.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Oh my gawd. -Ask an innocent question about whether or not any of us have met Mr. King, and watch the Boardmembers hijack the thread and turn it into a completely unrelated trouser speculative.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. My pants are with the dry cleaner. I'd wear a skirt but I loaned my kilt to GNTLGNT. We'd make such an awesome duo meeting Mr. King looking like we do right now.
    Hey, my trousers are all related! I don't know what you're talking about! How dare you specualte that my trousers are not related! The nerve of some people, I tell ya!

TMI.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    If he's such a nice, generous man how come he's never invited any of us over for dinner?
    You haven't gotten your invitation yet? He hasn't even sent you a pizza then either I guess. Oh sad face for you.

But seriously, I've never met Stephen King. I went to see him speak in Seattle a few years back but chickened out at the signing. I was too embarrassed to ask him to sign an old book because I couldn't get his new one yet. It was the Lisey's Story tour. Even though I was chicken I had a wonderful evening. I could do that all day. He's a beautiful and poised public speaker, and so funny too. If you were outside just listening to the audience response the average person would have never guessed it was the master of horror speaking. People were laughing hooting cheers and clapping, it was a ball. Oh Lord, there I go. I always go on when I think about that night. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by jchanic View Post
    TMI.

John
    ...Hey!...the truth will set me free...or something of me...

...Hey!...the truth will set me free...or something of me...
    Or maybe it's just the liberating qualities of wearing a kilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    But seriously, I've never met Stephen King. I went to see him speak in Seattle a few years back but chickened out at the signing. I was too embarrassed to ask him to sign an old book because I couldn't get his new one yet.
    Aww, this really saddens me, even though I'm glad you had a great time.

I didn't think I would be brave enough to speak to him at the FDNS signing but the hippie chick ka~tet probably would have lynched me if I hadn't! And he told me he would love to revisit England one day but the journey is too long/tiring, which is why I'm kinda bummed he *may* be coming to Europe this year and can't include us this time around. My offer of tea and crumpets doesn't compare to croissants and espresso. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Aww, this really saddens me, even though I'm glad you had a great time.

I didn't think I would be brave enough to speak to him at the FDNS signing but the hippie chick ka~tet probably would have lynched me if I hadn't! And he told me he would love to revisit England one day but the journey is too long/tiring, which is why I'm kinda bummed he *may* be coming to Europe this year and can't include us this time around. My offer of tea and crumpets doesn't compare to croissants and espresso. Sigh.
    If I'd have been with one of you guys I probably would have at least gotten in line. But there was another reason I felt squeemish about meeting Stephen King. I had an unfortunate perfume accident on the way there. I wiped off what I could with wet wipes.
    Then I washed as much of it off in the bathroom as I could when we got there, but I still felt self conscious and far too aromatic.
    I wouldn't want him to look back one day and remember that one fan who reeked like a funeral parlor in high summer and for that memory to have my face on it.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast