Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Has anyone actually met Stephen King? - Page 7

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone actually met Stephen King?

Default Re: Has anyone actually met Stephen King?

one fan who reeked like a funeral parlor in high summer and for that memory to have my face on it.

...and thusly ladies & germs...we have have the kernel of a new Unca Steve short story...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Aww, this really saddens me, even though I'm glad you had a great time.

I didn't think I would be brave enough to speak to him at the FDNS signing but the hippie chick ka~tet probably would have lynched me if I hadn't! And he told me he would love to revisit England one day but the journey is too long/tiring, which is why I'm kinda bummed he *may* be coming to Europe this year and can't include us this time around. My offer of tea and crumpets doesn't compare to croissants and espresso. Sigh.
    Crumpets? That's your problem right there. Scones, baby. SCONES.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    If I'm to believe all the ranting from disgruntled former fans who will never buy another of his books, perhaps I should be more worried about that.
    It's not Mr. King they are rejecting. People have changed because of the Motion Picture Industry. People don't have to read a story...now they can see it. I have five manuscripts done since 1996. I have not tried to submit. I don't know if the Publishing Industry will survive?

I have had the pleasure/luck 3 times.

Once at the opening day spring training game between The Red Sox and Boston College (in Ft. Myers,FL). I made a fool of myself somewhat.

Next was at the 11/22/63 book signing in Sarasota. We talked about possums and the finer qualities of consuming their flesh. Probably made more of a fool of myself this time.

Finally was last year at the reception after the premiere for the Ghost Brothers play in Atlanta, GA. That was a brief handshake and "How'd'ya do?" as he was swamped by a crowd and made his exit quickly. Didn't have time to make a fool of myself this go around. Plus I looked so dashing in my suit...

But truthfully, Miss Mod is much cooler.

Don't tell Steve I said that, please, MM
    Last edited by Dana Jean; April 4th, 2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: sorry, will quote you. sigh.

Plus I looked so dashing in my suit...
    ...made of finely combed possum hair I trust?.....

Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post
    I have had the pleasure/luck 3 times.

Once at the opening day spring training game between The Red Sox and Boston College (in Ft. Myers,FL). I made a fool of myself somewhat.

Next was at the 11/22/63 book signing in Sarasota. We talked about possums and the finer qualities of consuming their flesh. Probably made more of a fool of myself this time.

Finally was last year at the reception after the premiere for the Ghost Brothers play in Atlanta, GA. That was a brief handshake and "How'd'ya do?" as he was swamped by a crowd and made his exit quickly. Didn't have time to make a fool of myself this go around. Plus I looked so dashing in my suit...

But truthfully, Miss Mod is much cooler.

Don't tell Steve I said that, please, MM
    Ms. Mod is very cool; I'm glad other people who have met her feel the same.

And meeting you and your lovely wife, Rachael, was my pleasure. You make a great couple!

In the back of the dark tower he says I'm glad people can get an IDEa of who I am by my writing

The first time I saw Steve in person was a Bag Of Bones signing here in Boston. My inscription request for my 2nd copy of the book (the first was to me of course) made him laugh out loud, which made me very happy.
    I think I just said/mumbled "Thanks, I've enjoyed your work" or something like that. I think I've said some form of the "Thank you" mumbling at every other book signing I've been to since.

The only time I can say I 'met' Steve was a pre-talk "Cocktail Party" in Manchester Vermont. The event description said he wouldn't be signing any books, but he did start signing as soon as he got into the room. I had forgotten my 'just in case' books at home (bummer!) so I had him sign the postcard sized event ticket and had my picture taken with him. (Very cool!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01472.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	509.7 KB 
ID:	17065

Note: I have lost about 30 pounds since then and got a much nicer pair of glasses!!!

I met him 3 times. 1st and 3rd times was the absolute best. 2nd time, i think he wasn't feeling to good. I wish he would get out more often and meet his fans!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast