This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Randal Flagg, Stephen King and drugs?

Default Re: Randal Flagg, Stephen King and drugs?

I vaguely remember somebody once saying you can't hypnotize someone if they're high on drugs

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    I vaguely remember somebody once saying you can't hypnotize someone if they're high on drugs
    I remember now.It was an hypnotist to me

Quote Originally Posted by Terry B View Post
    And everyone wonders why this site is losing members.............
    ....because Frank is confused?...I didn't read that as an attack...mine's closer to being flat-out snark, not Frank's...so uh, ease up on the guilt trip ma'am...in his case, it's not warranted-and he's entitled to his opinion, as are you...I find it insulting to the Nth degree that you level that allegation against Frank and others who apparently don't jibe with your worldview...sorry you feel those of us that are outspoken are causing the Board to "lose members", but if I recall-your posts are anything but subtle themselves...glass houses and all....

((( all members)))))

I will say Peace. ala Siggy.

chill, it's us.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ....because Frank is confused?...I didn't read that as an attack...mine's closer to being flat-out snark, not Frank's...so uh, ease up on the guilt trip ma'am...in his case, it's not warranted-and he's entitled to his opinion, as are you...I find it insulting to the Nth degree that you level that allegation against Frank and others who apparently don't jibe with your worldview...sorry you feel those of us that are outspoken are causing the Board to "lose members", but if I recall-your posts are anything but subtle themselves...glass houses and all....
    I appreciate your having my back, Scott.

I feel I must respond since my post started some controversy. My original issue with the original poster's original post was twofold: 1) it sounded to me like an attack on Steve by an anti-fan, a type of troll the likes of which I've seen many times in recent months in the form of new members; and, 2) the post was, and remains, difficult for me to interpret; hence my question, "What was his question?".

...Is this Stephen King's politics and a slap at Reagan and the "War on Drugs"...
    Anytime I see a phrase such as "Stephen King's politics" included in a newcomer's first post a red flag goes up. Granted, I usually wait to respond, to see if the OP wants to get along, or even intends to stick around at all, which in many cases they do not. In this case I didn't wait. Perhaps I should have. If I've misjudged rhomnud, especially if I've caused this new member to be turned off then I apologize.

Personally, I found Flagg's hatred of and focus on drug abuse in The Stand very interesting, just as I've found so many things that sK writes and thinks interesting. It never occurred to me to question it further than to enjoy its strangeness.

As for the idea that my question "What was his question" is the sort of thing which is being posted routinely enough to cause SKMB membership to decline is so bizarre to me as to almost be hilarious. I do appreciate Terry B's concern, but is it true the SKMB is losing membership? I'm tempted to doubt that it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12