Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Just Picked This Up! - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Picked This Up!

Default Re: Just Picked This Up!

As a mother (and now grandmother, I find Pet Sematary to be one of the saddest and most frightening books SK has written. I read it once and could not bear to read it again. I believe Uncle Stevie has somewhat the same reaction.

Just started Pet Sematary last night. Couldn't wait for Agatha Christie's Partners in Crime to be done, so I'm reading both. About seventy pages into PS... great flow so far. Jud is a great character! I absolutely dig this old fella! He has great insight into life, talks in that worldly yet humble way that older folks do.

Pet Sematary is a great book. Enjoy! (And make sure you have your tissues ready.)

Halfway point now. From what I've read so far this could very well be in my top five once all is said and done. Some of the best storytelling, character development/interaction and just plain creepiness that I've read in a long while. But I know there are some tough parts to get through still. Have a feeling my next check-in may not be as 'peppy'.

Pet Sematary is one of King's finest works. Also one of his scariest. Not so much for the supernatural element, but if you're a parent it shoves your face into one of the biggest fears and taboo you can imagine. I remember the 1st time I read it, I was very angry at King for playing and toying with my emotions. I won't elaborate on why till you've finished the book. Also, like AchtungBaby said- get the box of Kleenex ready!!

Just finished it. There's so much I still need to process, but I can definitely say this is one of the best SK books I've ever read. Up there in the top five. Jud Crandall is my favorite character of all SK characters... so far. The book had it all; every emotion was covered... and covered well.

Not my favorite, but certainly worth a read and the ending... well, just don't read it alone in a dark house.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesalesman View Post
    Just finished it. There's so much I still need to process, but I can definitely say this is one of the best SK books I've ever read. Up there in the top five. Jud Crandall is my favorite character of all SK characters... so far. The book had it all; every emotion was covered... and covered well.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I wouldn't put it in my top 5, but it's up there. I have pet cats and love them too much to call this one a favorite. Haha

jimson Guest

Very good book. I have given up rating top 5 Stephen King books, too hard to make the choices.

I lent it to a non reader friend and he enjoyed it as well. So long ago, but I remember him mentioning the passage where Church shows up with bits of hefty bag stuck in his whiskers.

Small memorable details like that make the writer.

Not my favorite of his books, but I would say it is by far the darkest and most disturbing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast