This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctor Sleep available now!

Default Re: Doctor Sleep available now!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I guess there is no perfect way to do this but I see the limited and lettered editions were sold out before 99.9% of us were even aware they were available. I got an email notification from SK.com hours after they were sold out. I don't begrudge CD from doing it this way since they care less who buys them, but the big time collectors are the ones most likely to be in the know when there is less than an hour to order. And I'm sure we wil see plenty on ebay this afternoon at triple the price.
    You're definitely right that there is no perfect way to announce a signed Stephen King edition. We notified our Collectors Club first because they're our most frequent customers, then we notified customers who had bought signed Stephen King books from us in the past (those who had kept us updated when their email address changed, at least), and then finally we sent out our official newsletter, which reaches approximately 30,000 collectors.

We tried to drop some hints in our newsletter over the last week, just to give everyone a subtle heads-up, but we understand there's always going to be disappointment when any edition sells out this quickly. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    A reader hasn't been chosen yet as they're just into the selection process. It's only very recently that the final edits have been done.
    I think Rob Lowe would be brilliant. I was very impressed with his reading of Dolan's Cadillac. Then again, since I've not read the book yet, I don't know the tone or texture.

The DOCTOR SLEEP Slipcased Gift Edition is now 90% sold out:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/...n-90-sold-out/

Brian

Indeed, you really do need to sign up for these publishers newsletters. On a side note, there are more and more people who have been bitten by the King collecting 'bug', which in turn means that there will be less and less copies available (percentage-wise) to the collectors out there. That means that the prices on the secondary market (Ebay, etc.) are going to keep increasing also. Best to get in on the ground floor now.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Indeed, you really do need to sign up for these publishers newsletters. On a side note, there are more and more people who have been bitten by the King collecting 'bug', which in turn means that there will be less and less copies available (percentage-wise) to the collectors out there. That means that the prices on the secondary market (Ebay, etc.) are going to keep increasing also. Best to get in on the ground floor now.
    You are SO right. A great example is the newly announced Doctor Sleep from CD. The lettered edition sold out in 75 minutes and the signed limited sold out in 4.5 hours! I thought for sure that the signed limited would last at least a couple days.

John

Drew Barrymore should read a S.K. novel someday.
    Dr Sleep is a good a book as any for here to do.

from modesto, california, now in knoxville, tennessee

I WANT THIS BOOK SOOOOO BAD!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12