This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting to get a bit nervous...

Default Re: Starting to get a bit nervous...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gray View Post
    I've never understood the habit of movies and television wherein they buy the rights to a great book and then proceed to gut it for names and setting while throwing out the story which made it great. I try to remain hopeful that many of these rumors are false, but I'm too jaded now to know better.
    This is very common though in the film industry. Hitchcock said he didn't read the books often or just a synopsis, or real fast and never looked at it again.
    Look at The Birds, very different from the story.
    I suppose many people can write a story or screenplay, but it's hard for them to come up with the original idea.

Maybe ms. Mod has a theory of why this is, since I'm sure she must have dealt with this more closely?

Same here I read the book over a year ago for the first time and at least once since then... I loved it and cant wait for the miniseries to start...

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    This is very common though in the film industry. Hitchcock said he didn't read the books often or just a synopsis, or real fast and never looked at it again.
    Look at The Birds, very different from the story.
    I suppose many people can write a story or screenplay, but it's hard for them to come up with the original idea.

Maybe ms. Mod has a theory of why this is, since I'm sure she must have dealt with this more closely?
    Ms. Mod is away on vacation until May 1st, but I'll make a note of your question and she may get back to you after that time.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123