This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Richard III's Remains Found

Default Re: King Richard III's Remains Found

...a robe, my kingdom for a robe....and a good chiropractor....(talk about yer scoliosis)...

Maybe they'll find Jimmy Hoffa's remains there, too! Saw this storyy in the newspaper that was left in the lunchroom at work and I think it's fascinating! Guess he wasn't a very nice guy? Oh well, what goes around comes around.......

Spent his whole life chasing power, wound up like this:

But what a long strange trip it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Spent his whole life chasing power, wound up like this:

"...Blush, blush, thou foul lump of deformity...out of my sight, thou dost infect mine eyes...wretched, bloody and usurping boar."

Take it from Lady Anne and Richmond: Dick was not a sweetheart. This movement now to restore King Richard's reputation is ridiculous. He was a lyin', cheatin', no-good schemin', two-timin', double-dealin', mean, mistreatin', nasty man. I'm glad his remains were found for historical reasons but the discovery doesn't mean he was less of a cad.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...a robe, my kingdom for a robe....and a good chiropractor....(talk about yer scoliosis)...
    I know! That is the worst I've seen (not that I'm a doctor or anything, but sometimes I google weird things because ... I'm weird).

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    "...Blush, blush, thou foul lump of deformity...out of my sight, thou dost infect mine eyes...wretched, bloody and usurping boar."

Take it from Lady Anne and Richmond: Dick was not a sweetheart. This movement now to restore King Richard's reputation is ridiculous. He was a lyin', cheatin', no-good schemin', two-timin', double-dealin', mean, mistreatin', nasty man. I'm glad his remains were found for historical reasons but the discovery doesn't mean he was less of a cad.
    Don't forget child-murderin'... but I guess it's hard to tap your foot to that.

The Richard III society leader, whose name I can't recall right now, kept getting a 'feeling' at a certain place in a parking lot that is over what used to be a church. She insisted and nagged until someone listened. It seems the church had been dissolved by Henry VIII. I found the entire thing really fascinating. I love when history rounds up to present day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12