Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Finally reading The Stand - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally reading The Stand

Default Re: Finally reading The Stand

i was forced by the very nature of time to read the first one: it was the only version available back in the stone age...

at the time, it did not rate as one of my faves at the time: i loved danse macabre...only liked the stand

but the uncut version...hooo-wee !!

think of it this way: you've got a favorite movie ? would you want someone to cut quite a bit out of it, just because they thought it might be too long ??

and would you still love that cut version as much as the original ??

the uncut is the original...a few tweaks, yea, but it is, from what i recall, what he originally wrote...originally intended...

it is the real deal: accept no imitators !

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    i was forced by the very nature of time to read the first one: it was the only version available back in the stone age...

at the time, it did not rate as one of my faves at the time: i loved danse macabre...only liked the stand

but the uncut version...hooo-wee !!

think of it this way: you've got a favorite movie ? would you want someone to cut quite a bit out of it, just because they thought it might be too long ??

and would you still love that cut version as much as the original ??

the uncut is the original...a few tweaks, yea, but it is, from what i recall, what he originally wrote...originally intended...

it is the real deal: accept no imitators !
    thanks will definitely try it,really liked danse macabre as well..

Quote Originally Posted by bellz666 View Post
    Hi friends. I have yet to read The Stand, as I've always had something else that I wanted to get into first. Finally, I have picked up the uncut version, and am starting to make my way into it. Have I made the right decision going with the 1990 "remade" version, or should I read the original version. I would imagine that having the added content can only enhance the experience, thoughts?
    Hi, I began the uncut edition & I really found it very very slow. I felt the same way as you did & questioned whether or not I should've read the original instead. I even checked out the original from the library. . . Stick with the Uncut edition. About half way through or a bit over it is really really gonna take off & be one of the best book you've ever read (it was one of mine)! I couldn't put it down and was so glad I read the uncut edition! It is worth it to trudge through the first slow half of the book. .. I thumbed through the original edition & realized just how much was cut & how much richer the uncut edition is. I definatly believe that if I would've read the original first that I would've also read the uncut edition. After having read the uncut (& you won't be disappointed) I do NOT plan on reading the original. If I do a re-read it will be the uncut edition!

Thanks all, it took me some time with life in the way, but I finished it and LOVED this book. I just wanted more and more of this story and characters, to the point where I went and re-read the end of Wizard and Glass just to make sense of the connections I'd read in there before. Amazing story!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12