This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Duddits / Jonesy connection **SPOILERS**

Default Duddits / Jonesy connection **SPOILERS**

So I'm trying to get the whole duddits / jonesy connection. Please tell me if I got anything wrong and I would love to hear your thoughts.

1. By giving the psychic power to jonesy, he created the perfect Typhoid Mary in him, allowing mr gray to inhabit jonesy without killing him. (Why wasn't Pete or Henry immune from the byrus infection)
    2. By luring him into the road to get into the accident, he changed jonesy somehow to allow him to create the safe house in his mind which kept mr gray from taking over completely.(is this why only jonesy was immune?)
    3. Several passages indicated that duds was somehow responsible for mr gray being lured to jonesy and his friends.

Think I got it all but I'm not sure about number 3

Also, did anyone notice mr gray stopped at mile 81???

Default Re: Duddits / Jonesy connection **SPOILERS**

Got it in one. Well done.

...apparently I'm not analytic enough when I read Unca Steve, I miss ALL the fun...

This is why I can read his books over and over. Always something I didn't catch before.

Totally missed that Mile 81 bit! That is great.

Rereading King always proves rewarding for such connections. (As well as just to revisit a great story.) The gift that keeps on giving, our Uncle Steve.

Just finished a re-read of this and it was absolutely ace. Haven't touched it in years, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I have been trying to figure out Jonesy's connection forever!! That is so brilliant, but why doesn't the **** weasel attack him when they are in the hospital and I don't really get the byrus thing, wasn't Henry immune to it?

Hi,

I' ve just finished the book and I'm not sure what to think about it.
    At the beginnig I thought: "What happened to Stephen King?" It was like he felt very uncomfortable while writing the book and I really didn`t know he had that accident. (I' m sorry for that - I' m a fan who only reads and doesn't follow the author... )
    The more I read, the more I recognized him and it is a really complicated book, full of dreams, emotions and even issues that affect myself.
    There were times, when I was angry while reading, then there were times when I was delighted.

I think the main point is just showing that, no matter who you are, eyou can be infected; besides, the book brought a lot of memories back, because I grew up with a friend who has the same "fate" as Duddits, he had been bullied his whole life and people (kids) asked me, why I would stand for him.
    Now he's the same age as Douglas, it' s weird and I really miss him.
    It wasn't always comfortable to be friends with him (he fell in love with me and yelled all over the place: "she's my girlfriend"), but I cannot foprget his facial expressions, wenn we met again after years. Of course, he also had bad experiences (like everyone else), but I love him so much. When he grew older, he protected me the same way I tried protect him, when he was a kid.

Eventually I need to think it over, but the book really touched my heart and there was a kind of growth in it.

I'm looking forward to the next novel...

Many Greetings

Oh and Im so sorry for my orthographic mistakes, seems like I got too excited