This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pope Benedict to resign

Default Re: Pope Benedict to resign

The next pope could be a Canadian. I can see it now....poutine at the Vatican.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/02/1...-be-a-canadian

...that's beautiful Ally...smackin' each other with mackerels in a challenge would be coolio too...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Okay, the Vatican have just announced they will modernise how they elect the new Pope, this time it will be like this: A bunch of Cardinals will audition for the job and a panel of three Catholic "experts" will choose 12 of them (for the 12 apostles). Then those 12 will compete in a televised weekly show doing Pope-y stuff to determine the winner. Each week one Cardinal will be eliminated by the voting Catholic public. The last two will battle it out by performing miracles live on tv (that way the winner already has points towards his sainthood later on). That's a much better way to do it than wait around for smoke to come out of the Vatican...

Yar, sometimes even us Catholics have a sensahuma!
    Please tell me Bristol Palin will NOT be a contestant!

"First Pope to Resign in 600 Years."

At the risk of stating the incredibly obvious... I've gotta say that's one helluva mind-boggling streak.

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

Yes, I was saddened to hear Pope Benedict will retire, especially since we will be starting this Lenten season on this Ash Wednesday. I feel he chose the wrong moment. However, since his last day will be the end of this month, it has made me realize his urgency to leave must be great, so I will be praying for him. As many have mentioned, I am glad that he knows he is not able to fulfill his duties, mentally and physically, and this has caused him to make such a drastic decsion. I pray also that The Vatican will choose an appropriate and wise replacement...and I hope they do so before Palm Sunday and the commencement of Holy week.

I'm curious. Not being Catholic and only knowing what I do from slogging my way through Dan Brown's works, my first thought this morning when I heard the news was this question...

Will the Pope have any input in his successor (ie:suggesting someone, casting a vote, etc.)?

I am a legally married gay male Catholic who attends church regularly. My husband is very involved in our parish and also happens to be quite a Pope-o-phile. That said, we have our own unique views on the Church and the Pope. In a nutshell, I feel Pope Benedict knows that it is is literally and figuratively time to usher out the old and bring in the new. Benedict was always intended to be an "interim Pope;" one that would help the church transition into the new millennium. I feel he has done what he can do and given his age, health and whatever else he is dealing with personally, he knows it is time for a new era to begin. I applaud and respect this highly intelligent man's decision. It took a lot of courage, prayer and love of mankind for him to do this.

Are women going to have to start wearing chastity belts again? Because in my past life regression my belt got really uncomfortable during my chakra realignment.

I hope the next pope is an Arch-liberal by Catholic standards

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast