This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pope Benedict to resign

Default Re: Pope Benedict to resign

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post

Coincidence?

"Hours after Pope Benedict resigned, a lightning bolt was photographed hitting St. Peter's Dome at the Vatican, during a storm in Rome." http://www.coasttocoastam.com/articl...t-peter-s-dome
    I'm not seeing anyone there holding a golf club or umbrella. Oh, sorry, that's in another thread..........

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...it's a guy thing....just apologize when a woman says something-coz you KNOW yer gonna be at fault...it's the GG's "Survival Tip for the Perpetually Wrong"...
    It's okay GNTLGNT - it's not only guys who sometimes feel the need to apologize!

Ex-Benedict - Eggs Benedict

Okay - now I get it - a bit slow on the uptake today

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    Bishop O'Neill :- "So Father,do you ever have any doubts? Is your faith ever tested? Any trouble you've been having with beliefs or anything like that?

Father Dougal :- "Well you know the way god made us,and he's looking down on us from Heaven?"

Bishop o'Neill :- "Yeah2

Father Dougal :- "And thenhis soncame down andsaved everyone and all that"

Bishop O'Neill :- "Uh huh"

Father Dougal :- "And when we die we're going to Heaven?"

Bishop O'Neill :- "Yes what about it?"

Father dougal :- "Well that's the part I have trouble with"

I think he too pooped to pope

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

This post isn't about Pope Benedict, it's about Pope John II. Since we don't have too many pope threads, I thought I'd put this here. This one surprised me

http://deadspin.com/5983763/heres-po...r-batting-cage

I loved it when the guy asked what position he played and the priests responded "Any position he wants!"

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    Bishop O'Neill :- "So Father,do you ever have any doubts? Is your faith ever tested? Any trouble you've been having with beliefs or anything like that?

Father Dougal :- "Well you know the way god made us,and he's looking down on us from Heaven?"

Bishop o'Neill :- "Yeah2

Father Dougal :- "And thenhis soncame down andsaved everyone and all that"

Bishop O'Neill :- "Uh huh"

Father Dougal :- "And when we die we're going to Heaven?"

Bishop O'Neill :- "Yes what about it?"

Father dougal :- "Well that's the part I have trouble with"

I Father Dougal McGuire. Father Ted is one of the best comedy shows ever made, it was very sad when Dermot Morgan died unexpectedly and they had to stop making it. At least they went out on a high.

Quote Originally Posted by do1you9love? View Post
    I'm curious. Not being Catholic and only knowing what I do from slogging my way through Dan Brown's works, my first thought this morning when I heard the news was this question...

Will the Pope have any input in his successor (ie:suggesting someone, casting a vote, etc.)?
    Because of his age (over 80) he will not be in the Conclave. I 'spect the cardinals will pick someone of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    This is funny....talking about the French Canadian cardinal who is being cosidered for the job...........

Stephen Colbert has come out strongly against Cardinal Marc Ouellet to replace Pope Benedict, who resigned from the papacy Monday. The TV satirist's reason? He's Canadian.

"Cardinal Marc Ouellet is also a contender with only one major weakness: he is a Canadian," Colbert said on his late-night show Monday. "The pope cannot be polite. 'Sorry, but I think God might not want you to use a condom, eh,' won't work."

Colbert also objected to Ouellet on the grounds that the pope's iconic staff shouldn't change. "Who wants a pope whose staff looks like this?" he said, showing a photoshopped image of Ouellet dressed in pope robes and holding a Team Canada hockey stick.

Ouellet, No. 3 at the Vatican, is the head of the Vatican's office for bishops and widely believed to be among the top contenders to replace Pope Benedict.
    It is my understanding that Colbert is a devout Catholic himself; who best to poke fun at the church?

Ouellet, sounds impressive. Will have to do some research.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast