Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I'm So Hungry I Could Eat A Horse - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm So Hungry I Could Eat A Horse

Default Re: I'm So Hungry I Could Eat A Horse

It all comes down to perception really, the French eat horse without any qualms, if the meals and burgers had been advertised as horsemeat they wouldn't have sold in Britain although they may have been OK in France. Mind you, the French also eat snails and frogs legs.........there really is no accounting for taste.
    All we need now is to find seagull in the chicken nuggets and we can all become vegetarian, but then, is that really rocket leaves in your green salad or just large chickweed?

Quote Originally Posted by EAST COASTER View Post
    the French also eat snails and frogs legs.........there really is no accounting for taste.
    You really gonna talk smack about frogs legs on Fat Tuesday?

Not thinking I could eat horse meat. Esspecially not knowingly. But if I had no idea.They say what you don't know won't hurt ya.

the French also eat snails and frogs legs.........there really is no accounting for taste.
    You didn't get the memo about the princess who was asked by the frog to kiss him, so that he could be turned back into the prince that he'd always been, did you?

-She refused and instead had a lovely supper of frog legs sautéed in a light garlic sauce with a touch of lemon, washed down with a crisp Chardonnay.
    (Don't you be talking no trash about frog legs, and don't even THINK about dissing snails. Escargots are wonderful, near and dear to my heart.)

is that really rocket leaves in your green salad or just large chickweed?
    Chickweed, shmickweed. It's green. Shut up and eat it. It's better than what the kids in North Korea are faced with these days.

Soylent Green. It's whats for dinner.

I guess horse beats the alternative..i suppose.. all about cultural perceptions I guess..

I would quite happily try horse meat, and any other meat/food really, but would prefer for it to be labelled/regulated accordingly so I knew exactly what I was eating. I remember when I first tried goat meat a few years back, my friend--a chef--wouldn't tell me what it was because he thought I would find it off-putting. The fact he wouldn't tell me was what made me most apprehensive! I'm glad to report it tasted nothing like chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    I'm glad to report it tasted nothing like chicken.
    Damn right it didn't! I got sick on the stuff when I was a kid. Now, I can't even smell goat meat cooking without wanting to spew.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    I guess horse beats the alternative..i suppose.. all about cultural perceptions I guess..
    Yes, it is. And because vermin historically have carried horrible things like, oh, bubonic plague and e.coli, among other things, we don't eat them in the West. Horse haven't carried communicable diseases, but for all I know West Nile virus can mutate from a horse strain to one that affects humans. You're right: I'd rather eat horse than rat.

I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan, but I don't understand why it's objectionable to substitute out legumes or tofu or tempeh for animal flesh. I do it all the time and I don't miss meat or fish or seafood when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    I'm not a vegetarian or a vegan, but I don't understand why it's objectionable to substitute out legumes or tofu or tempeh for animal flesh. I do it all the time and I don't miss meat or fish or seafood when I do.
    Ever tried veggie-bacon. That's why.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast