This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Lent?

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

Default Re: What is Lent?

I don't know what I'll give up this year. I don't eat too much sweets anymore, I don't drink soda, or smoke cigarettes, rarely have any wine anymore, have my one cup of coffee a day and that's it with the caffeine...basically my life is boring, I know..ha!ha!.....I thought about giving up fb again, but I'm not sure I can do it again....hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I am not giving up anything. I use to have to give up candy as a child....wasn't easy sneaking with a nun for an aunt and a priest staying at the house on weekends. Yah hear that Father MacCillian? Ain't giving up a goldarn thing.

So how's everyone doing with the lent thing?
    So far so good with me. I've only run into a few glitches. Giving up negative thoughts is pretty trig. I feel... well, pretty damned happy. I have run into a few glitches here and there, but I have been able to recognize bad ju ju thinking and reject it right away.
    The other day, on the way home from work a guy pulls right out in front of me. I had to slam on the brakes, which made all of my groceries fall off the seat and into the floorboard.
    I was freaked out and mad, and yelled at him. I called him a series of loud cuss words, but I realized what I was doing and ended my rant with "bless you," That made me LOL at myself which instantly made everything ok again.
    Nothing like hollering "You !!GD stoooopid @ Muther % fracking #arse hole nozzle.... bless you!," to make you feel good.

Kudos to everyone giving up facebook! I deleted my account last November and haven't looked back since. It's a slag heap of sarcastic memes and political/religious mudslinging.

I have since started my own blogging site and I spend more time writing now that I'm not 'liking.' It's also a good way to find out who your friends really are.

I mean seriously, is it really so difficult to bookmark a blog and visit it once in awhile? Or perhaps write an actual email from time to time?

Well, I didn't give anything up for Lent. I'm just trying to think positive thoughts and not be so gossipy....btw, did you all hear about that guy that.....??

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    So how's everyone doing with the lent thing?
    So far so good with me. I've only run into a few glitches. Giving up negative thoughts is pretty trig. I feel... well, pretty damned happy. I have run into a few glitches here and there, but I have been able to recognize bad ju ju thinking and reject it right away.
    The other day, on the way home from work a guy pulls right out in front of me. I had to slam on the brakes, which made all of my groceries fall off the seat and into the floorboard.
    I was freaked out and mad, and yelled at him. I called him a series of loud cuss words, but I realized what I was doing and ended my rant with "bless you," That made me LOL at myself which instantly made everything ok again.
    Nothing like hollering "You !!GD stoooopid @ Muther % fracking #arse hole nozzle.... bless you!," to make you feel good.

at least you ending it nicely!!

**Oops!! I meant 'ended it nicely'...!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12