Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Crippled Cruise Ship - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crippled Cruise Ship

Default Re: Crippled Cruise Ship

...could've been worse, coulda been like the port-a-potty on the golf course I just read about---3 bottles of meth cookin' inside it...and they exploded....

I am leaving next Thursday for my 28th cruise. My husband and I took our first for our honeymoon in 1995. It is by far my favorite way to vacation. It is also not for everyone. I am lucky that I do not get seasick, however hubby and daughter do IF they don't take ginger during the cruise and the seas are at all rough. But, they both still love to cruise. It's a great getaway from everything!

We have had some great cruises and some so-so cruises. Thankfully nothing like this Truimph cruise. I feel for everyone on this ship. Not only the passengers, but also the crew. Most of them live in very small cabins that they share with another person. They are interior cabins in the lower decks below the passenger decks. They also had no AC, no circulation, but they still had to put on their uniforms and perform their normal duties as well as pick up "poo bags". How wonderful!

Someone mentioned having no stablizers. This is the case and the main reason that they did not attempt to transfer folks off the ship. If the ship had been in danger of sinking, they would have filled lifeboats and evacuated for sure. However, on a cruise related board I am a member of, someone posted an even better reason. If they did bring a ship in and were able to safely transfer 1 person per minute, even if the crew stayed on, it would be around 50 hours of transfer time! This was a no-win situation however you look at it.

I'm packing for my cruise this weekend. We'll bring flashlights and peanut butter and a good attitude! Oh, and a SK book or two!

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

The term poop deck was not supposed to taken literally.

Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    Did you have any books to pass the time?
    Oh yes. I always have a book! Most of the time I have multiples!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Oh yes. I always have a book! Most of the time I have multiples!
    Just walk away, Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Just walk away, Scott.
    How do I always set myself up????

They said it was like floating port a potty and had tents set up on the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by arista View Post
    They said it was like floating port a potty and had tents set up on the deck.
    I wonder if, at any point in this unfortunate turn of events, anyone was reminded of the short story: A Very Tight Place.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

We have couple more Carnival cruise ships that are having issues and overflowing toilets. I thought of a good idea for anyone going on a cruise. Don't pack your clothes and things in suitcases. Pack your stuff to take on the cruise in 5 gallon buckets. Then if there is a problem, you have an emergency toilet.

With my inner ear condition (Meniere's disease) it is unlikely that I will ever go on a cruise.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast