This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arpaio's School Posse

Default Re: Arpaio's School Posse

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Uh huh...yeah I know, just occurred ya might could get a yuletide plea for makin' bail one not so very silent night, maybe?

(hey now, on a positive note, I make almost all of my "appointments" with jurisprudence..well come on & get real, fish could be bitin')
    Maybe I should have said Sheriff Arpaio is the reason I'm reconsidering. Not that I wouldn't have your back should the need arise to find a reputable bail bondsman or if you should need a ride for an "appointment" although his jurisdiction is a little out of my AZ neck of the woods. Pima County's Sheriff Clarence Dupnik who got into political hot water for his comments after the Gabrielle Giffords shooting is a little closer so maybe there's some hope for AZ yet.

I was thinking of driving over to that area for a little Spring Training action but I'm not of a mind to not. I'd hate to do anything wrong in that county.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Maybe I should have said Sheriff Arpaio is the reason I'm reconsidering. Not that I wouldn't have your back should the need arise to find a reputable bail bondsman or if you should need a ride for an "appointment" although his jurisdiction is a little out of my AZ neck of the woods. Pima County's Sheriff Clarence Dupnik who got into political hot water for his comments after the Gabrielle Giffords shooting is a little closer so maybe there's some hope for AZ yet.
    Groovy..though reputable, eh, not so much a requirement...but no worries, I mean it's not like I'd really expect my constitutional right to reasonable bail, oh p'shaw that's much too old fashioned.
    And besides, even if I'm actually an Autumn that can really pull off that classic jailhouse orange, I too look simply stunning in pink!

Hubby and I used to have to drive back and forth from Florida to California twice a year (til we finally moved back to CA) and it's funny how every time we drove though Maricopa County, AZ, he'd make ME drive. Hmmmmmmmmm!

To a Canadian, this sounds like madness. I have never seen a handgun in my life. I see the holsters that the mounties wear but not the actual gun.

He's one of the reasons I'm wondering if I should reconsider my decision to spend winters there!
    Well you can always come spend some time during the winter with my wife Rachael and I Ms. Mod. Texas has its own breed of insanity, but we aren't to the AZ tipping point yet. Austin and San Antonio and the little towns between are worth seeing. All things considered, I'd rather spend my winters up in Maine where it might be bitter cold, but at least it is sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gray View Post
    Well you can always come spend some time during the winter with my wife Rachael and I Ms. Mod. Texas has its own breed of insanity, but we aren't to the AZ tipping point yet. Austin and San Antonio and the little towns between are worth seeing. All things considered, I'd rather spend my winters up in Maine where it might be bitter cold, but at least it is sane.
    Appreciate the offer but already have the house in AZ and to be honest (and I'm not making this up) a lot of the "crazy" mail comes from Texas. And the person who broke into their house who I had the "pleasure" of spending quite some time with in our office several days before that was from Texas so at this point, I'd still take AZ over Texas. I'll not disillusion you about how sane Maine is.

LOL... One Man's Sanity Is Another Man's Asylum.

Appreciate the offer but already have the house in AZ and to be honest (and I'm not making this up) a lot of the "crazy" mail comes from Texas. And the person who broke into their house who I had the "pleasure" of spending quite some time with in our office several days before that was from Texas so at this point, I'd still take AZ over Texas. I'll not disillusion you about how sane Maine is.
    Fair enough, although Rachael and I are determined to demonstrate that not all the Texans are insane when we become Maine transplants.

of course, we all know not all texans are insane...some of 'em are just politicians...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12