This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes 10 rounds isn't enough.

jimson Guest

Default Re: Sometimes 10 rounds isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    These hypothetical civil war screeds aren't doing any good, either.
    OK, but when someone poses a radical idea like full confiscation of all firearms, one might want to consider a possible consequence.

The Sandy Hook shooter was insane. He got the guns from his insane mother. Neither of those people should have ever been able to possess a gun, and everybody--conservatives and liberals, alike--are trying to find a way to make sure that people like them can't get guns. The two parties may disagree on how to best implement such a process, but nobody wants crazy people to be armed.
    Everyone agrees that all the perps in all the mass shootings were insane. However, there are more holes in the mental health net in the U.S. through which unstable and certifiables can fall, than there are links in the Responsible Blanket that you refer to. No one can convince me that the number of mass shootings won't drop if tighter restrictions on guns themselves, be they in the form of taxes, mandatory longer wait periods, bans on certain kinds of firearms, or limits on how much ammo a private citizen can by, are enacted. It's not just a solution comprised of mental health treatment and background checks for all gun buyers; it's a combination of those two factors *and* more restrictions on weapons, magazines, and ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    It's not just a solution comprised of mental health treatment and background checks for all gun buyers; it's a combination of those two factors *and* more restrictions on weapons, magazines, and ammunition.
    You mean a... ***gulp*** ...compromised solution? Holy hell that is revolutionary!!!

Maybe raising taxes for a bit while cutting spending would end the budget issue more quickly than just cutting spending, too?

Holy sh!tballs, Batman!

It's like that Obama guy is smart or something since he has been saying these things all along...

Quote Originally Posted by jimson View Post
    OK, but when someone poses a radical idea like full confiscation of all firearms, one might want to consider a possible consequence.
    When firearms continue to be abused like they are in current U.S. society, then punitive measures need to be installed: more Customs agents on the job, background checks that a gun buyer must pay for themselves, limits on magazine capacities, bans on assault guns, higher number of trained law enforcement on the streets dealing with gangs.

Use your peer pressure as a so-called responsible gun owner to straighten out the ijits who stand to mess it all up for you and your rights. Consequences, consequences.

When firearms continue to be abused like they are in current U.S. society, then punitive measures need to be installed: more Customs agents on the job, background checks that a gun buyer must pay for themselves, limits on magazine capacities, bans on assault guns, higher number of trained law enforcement on the streets dealing with gangs.

Use your peer pressure as a so-called responsible gun owner to straighten out the ijits who stand to mess it all up for you and your rights. Consequences, consequences.
    Weren't you just saying "Ban all guns, all the time, period," or was that someone else?

Weren't you just saying "Ban all guns, all the time, period," or was that someone else?
    Absolutely! But I also know how to compromise. Backing off from getting what only *I* would like to see done will get me further in the long run.
    I believe there are plenty of responsible gun owners in the U.S. You're one of them.
    But I think that unless you guys start putting pressure on your reps to hire more Customs agents, law enforcement, and mental health professionals to treat folks with faulty wiring, what has happened in the last decade will happen again, and again, and again. Drive-bys, mass shootings, irresponsible parents lending their unstable kid a gun for a "fun" camping trip, gun smuggling, children coming upon guns that have been carelessly left out while loaded....you name it.
    Last edited by Lily Sawyer; March 21st, 2013 at 12:07 PM.

He got a 32 gun
    in his pocket for fun,
    he got a razor
    in his shoe

Hand guns are made for killin'
    Ain't no good for nothin' else
    And if you like your whiskey
    You might even shoot yourself
    So why don't we dump 'em people
    To the bottom of the sea
    Before some fool come around here
    Wanna shoot either you or me

Its a Saturday night special
    Got a barrel that's blue and cold
    Ain't no good for nothin'
    But put a man six feet in a hole

Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post
    Hand guns are made for killin'
    Ain't no good for nothin' else
    And if you like your whiskey
    You might even shoot yourself
    So why don't we dump 'em people
    To the bottom of the sea
    Before some fool come around here
    Wanna shoot either you or me

Its a Saturday night special
    Got a barrel that's blue and cold
    Ain't no good for nothin'
    But put a man six feet in a hole
    Awwww, now you're taking me back to my Southern redneck roots...... gotta go find my old Skynyrd CDs and get myself a fix of good ol' swamp music ♥
    Last edited by Sundrop; March 21st, 2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: misspelled a word which would be an insult to my heritage, if left uncorrected

Seize all firearms coming in to the U.S., make it illegal for them to be owned by private citizens, and there won't be guns used by the criminally insane or irresponsible parents who allow their unstable kids access to guns or gang members in drive-bys or citizens without a badge allowing them to carry a firearm.
    ...I understand the passion honey...but a black market or underground store of firearms will ALWAYS be available to those want them bad enough....it might curb some violence, but overall I think would be statistically irrelevant...the lure of power/money is to good for some to pass up...and even IF all guns would suddenly disappear, we got by with clubs, bows and swords for a long time...

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast