Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Sometimes 10 rounds isn't enough. - Page 8

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes 10 rounds isn't enough.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Default Re: Sometimes 10 rounds isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GrieferKiller View Post
    I've beaten several people within an inch of their lives. And they had it coming.

But no, I've not personally been in any gun fights. Not yet. Only an idiot would really want that to happen, but I'm capable of it, if I have to.
    Several & 0 huh, uh-huh, yeah I'm sure
    Butt thanks ever so much for some honesty, I sincerely hope you get to fulfill your fantasy one day, hopefully with another crackpot with similar personal values & tastes in stupidity, or a well deserved, probably overdue, med adjustment, which ever comes first day.
    Seriously, seek counseling.

I've beaten several people within an inch of their lives. And they had it coming.

But no, I've not personally been in any gun fights. Not yet. Only an idiot would really want that to happen, but I'm capable of it, if I have to.
    Nothing more to see here, folks.

Years ago when I was sharing an apartment at college, a couple of morons kicked my door in. I was upstairs about to drift off to sleep at the time. Heard the noise and came down the stairs to see one of them bolt through the door, and the other one trying to get my stereo receiver out of the cabinet. He bolted after his partner in crime, after dropping my amplifier to the floor, and I sprinted down the sidewalk in bare feet wearing nothing but a pair of tighty whities. Tackled him at full bore, and grabbed him by his hair and beat his head against the concrete curb in front of throngs of shocked/delighted street revelers. Halloween is a big deal at this University, and the whole town is full of crazed college kids high on everything natural or synthetic known to man. I dragged his unconscious ass down the sidewalk back into my apartment, leaving a nice blood trail for the cops to follow. I was bench pressing nearly 400 lbs at the time, and still come pretty close to it these days. Had I owned guns at the time, I would have saved myself a run, and shot them both dead on the spot. Sadly, the first one out the door got away. As for the second...he narrowly escaped being tortured to reveal the name and address of the first, because my roommate was a little more soft hearted, and persuaded me to just call the cops.

Napoleon Complex, much??
    This is the type of mentality that scares me, and it is the reason that I am totally for complete mental history background checks as well as history of violence checks.
    Someone who has this capacity for violence should never ever be allowed to own a gun or any other weapon.
    Owning a gun is one thing, but going around looking for a reason to use it to harm another human is another thing entirely.......

He followed one of her kids upstairs, and she retreated all the way into a crawl space to get away from him first. That doesn't seem like something a mere burglar would do. In any case, she had every right to shoot him dead on the spot, whatever his intentions were.
    Again from the article you posted:

According to police reports, Slater repeatedly rang the family’s doorbell in Loganville, Ga., that morning, prompting the woman to call her husband. She was advised to take her children and hide in a crawlspace, while her husband dialed 911. Slater reportedly used a crowbar to break into the home, and was rummaging through the house until he made his way to the family’s hiding place.
    “He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver,”
    Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman told the Atlanta-Journal Constitution.

First, actually ringing the doorbell repeatedly does sound like something a mere burglar would do. It's a well-known M.O. to see if someone is home before breaking in. Again, why did she not respond to let him know there was someone in the house? She didn't have to open the door to do that and he would have still been on the outside, most likely thinking move on and try a different house where I don't have to deal with people.

No, he did not follow one of her kids upstairs. There was nothing in the report that said that. It said said that she and the kids were hiding in a crawlspace. Yet again from the report you posted but which I'm beginning to wonder if you actually read, he was rummaging through the house until he happened to come to the hiding place. Sounds more like behavior of a burglar than someone whose primary purpose is to cause physical harm to another person.

There are many holes in this story including why she called her husband instead of 911. As he told the 911 operator, he was not close enough to respond and needed the police to go to the home. It may not have any basis in what was going on but I have to confess that my first thought was "what kind of controlling husband does she have that she couldn't act on her own to call the police?"

You'd mentioned earlier seeing her as a hero. I do not. I see her as someone who was terrified, pumped with adrenaline, and firing repeatedly as her husband is screaming at her to do so but not because she was in actual imminent danger if the guy is pleading with her to stop shooting. Listening to the 911 call, it didn't take her that long to get to the neighbor's house where she finally called the police. Why didn't she just do that in the first place and remove herself and her children from possible danger? That was just as viable an option from what I'm gathering from the information given in the article.

It does not matter what he chose to do after being shot. It is not relevant to my point. My point is that he WAS NOT INCAPACITATED by five .38 caliber rounds. I've mentioned other cases where guys were shot mulitple times with 9mm rounds and CONTINUED TO ATTACK. One case where two FBI agents were killed.

Why didn't she flee her own home? Should we all allow criminals to drive us away from our homes in mortal terror, hoping they'll have enough pity on us not to shoot us in the backs as we run, so that they can help themselves to whatever goods we gained through honest labor? I think not! Should home owners be expected to discern the intent of an intruder, and choose not to use deadly force, because perhaps the intruder is only after our possessions, and is not interested in sexually molesting us and our children, or dismembering us and eating us alive, or kidnapping and selling our teenage daughters into sexual slavery, or whatever else can and does happen. If you want to run, that's your choice. Anyone foolish enough to break into my house is dead meat.
    I have no respect or admiration for people with this kind of mentality or who think that their first and/or only option is to use lethal force. No property is worth risking your or your family's life for and unless you are being faced with clear and imminent danger of your life and have the opportunity to do so, leaving the scene to remove yourself from possible physical harm is an option that should be considered.

Should home owners be expected to discern the intent of an intruder, and choose not to use deadly force, because perhaps the intruder is only after our possessions, and is not interested in sexually molesting us and our children, or dismembering us and eating us alive, or kidnapping and selling our teenage daughters into sexual slavery, or whatever else can and does happen. If you want to run, that's your choice. Anyone foolish enough to break into my house is dead meat.
    You should assume firstly, that they are after your possessions.

Do you know why?

Because all of that stuff you mentioned are dumb things to be afraid of. They happen, for sure, but they are insanely uncommon. Most people breaking into a home what your stuff; they don't want the homeowner to be home because they don't want to deal with it. Burglars might be breaking the law, but it is a huge leap from robbery to murder. Not all criminals are capable of murder, because not all *people* are. Most burgalars just want some easy cash.

Seriously though, people like you scare me more than the random potential of a guy breaking into my house. Do you know what is the most common lead up to murder? Some guy with anger problems with a gun that reacts without thinking and shoots someone in anger. Not a guy breaking into your house. Not the insane cannibal. Not the white slave trafficker.

It is your boyfriend or your husband or your friend. People you know.

Leathal force should never be the first option when, a vast majority of the time, a warning shot or single bullet to the leg would be enough. I don't understand this fantasy that people have of killing some nameless intruder with their gun. I honestly just don't get it.

Years ago when I was sharing an apartment at college, a couple of morons kicked my door in. I was upstairs about to drift off to sleep at the time. Heard the noise and came down the stairs to see one of them bolt through the door, and the other one trying to get my stereo receiver out of the cabinet. He bolted after his partner in crime, after dropping my amplifier to the floor, and I sprinted down the sidewalk in bare feet wearing nothing but a pair of tighty whities. Tackled him at full bore, and grabbed him by his hair and beat his head against the concrete curb in front of throngs of shocked/delighted street revelers. Halloween is a big deal at this University, and the whole town is full of crazed college kids high on everything natural or synthetic known to man. I dragged his unconscious ass down the sidewalk back into my apartment, leaving a nice blood trail for the cops to follow. I was bench pressing nearly 400 lbs at the time, and still come pretty close to it these days. Had I owned guns at the time, I would have saved myself a run, and shot them both dead on the spot. Sadly, the first one out the door got away. As for the second...he narrowly escaped being tortured to reveal the name and address of the first, because my roommate was a little more soft hearted, and persuaded me to just call the cops.

REALLY??!! You do realise you "said that out loud" don't you??!!!! Or are you joking? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt an am presuming you are joking. You MUST be. No-ones THAT stupid....

No property is worth risking your or your family's life for

...and there folks, is one of the first rules of the concealed carry class I took...second rule, if you feel that your life or the lives of your loved ones are at risk...then aim for center mass and shoot to kill...period....no TV gunplay heroics...put the threat DOWN....

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Several & 0 huh, uh-huh, yeah I'm sure
    Butt thanks ever so much for some honesty, I sincerely hope you get to fulfill your fantasy one day, hopefully with another crackpot with similar personal values & tastes in stupidity, or a well deserved, probably overdue, med adjustment, which ever comes first day.
    Seriously, seek counseling.
    Yeah, I'm the bad guy here. Two morons valued their own lives less than they valued my stereo amplifier (and whatever else they might have carted off had I not been home at the time), which I worked part time to buy while maintaining a near perfect GPA. You folks that have a problem with people standing up for themselves, should just put all your stuff out on the lawn right now for whoever wants it. That will save any would be thieves the trouble of running you out of your house first.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    REALLY??!! You do realise you "said that out loud" don't you??!!!! Or are you joking? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt an am presuming you are joking. You MUST be. No-ones THAT stupid....
    No, there's no joke here. You know what the police said when they came to cart the unconscious piece of **** off to jail (by way of the hospital)? "Looks like this guy broke into the wrong apartment!" About a month later I got a follow up call about the incident, and I told them my amp was destroyed when he dropped it (it didn't have a scratch on it and was in perfect working condition), and told them it was worth twice what I paid for it. They made him pay me $600 restitution I got paid $600 for nearly cracking this twit's head open like an egg

That you value property over human life certainly does say a lot about you.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast