This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes 10 rounds isn't enough.

Default Re: Sometimes 10 rounds isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    That you value property over human life certainly does say a lot about you.
    THEY valued my stereo over their own lives. THEY kicked my door down, willing to risk whatever might happen to them, or to whomever might be on the other side of that door. What I did was totally within my rights as a legal occupant of that dwelling. If I'd shot them both dead with 12 gauge 00 Buckshot, it would have served them right.

Quote Originally Posted by GrieferKiller View Post
    THEY valued my stereo over their own lives. THEY kicked my door down, willing to risk whatever might happen to them, or to whomever might be on the other side of that door. What I did was totally within my rights as a legal occupant of that dwelling. If I'd shot them both dead with 12 gauge 00 Buckshot, it would have served them right.
    I'll have to disagree with you there, Bob.
    Burglary, breaking and entering, and attempt at burglary are not punished with the death penalty in U.S. courts. Even if you lived in a Stand Your Ground state, there wouldn't be a judge on the bench who'd let you get away with passing a death sentence using your own firearm. You'd still face manslaughter charges, especially if the intruders weren't armed.
    And then where would your gun have gotten you? You still wouldn't have use of your stereo and you'd be bouncing your self-sung tunes off the walls of a prison cell.

Jesse Lewis, killed at the age of 6. He was learning to ride a horse so that he could be a real cowboy.

To quote his father, "Is it right that I have to lay my boy to rest with a bullet in his head? No"

Neil Heslin, Jesse's dad, testified before Congress yesterday. This is a portion of his testimony.

I don't think anyone is saying that the intruders weren't in the wrong for their actions but that you can't see how over-the-top your reaction was to it or that your actions were so out of proportion to the crime is troubling, to say the least. I'm not closing down the thread--yet, but personally I'm done here and will not further encourage your posts by responding to any of them. One thing I've come to learn over the years is that with some people there's really no point trying to be reasonable and I've got better things to do than trying to engage in what obviously will not be meaningful exchanges. It's not conceding that the other person is right and that I have no basis for arguments rebutting their ideas, it's realizing the futility of even attempting it.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Yeah, I'm the bad guy here. Two morons valued their own lives less than they valued my stereo amplifier (and whatever else they might have carted off had I not been home at the time), which I worked part time to buy while maintaining a near perfect GPA. You folks that have a problem with people standing up for themselves, should just put all your stuff out on the lawn right now for whoever wants it. That will save any would be thieves the trouble of running you out of your house first.
    No, no your the lunatic here, butt yeah that's me.
    No really, I do have all kinds of stuff outside, some rather valuable, some not so very much (inside, I have my 90 year old Mama, and it's of my opinion, that yeah, yeah she's kinda valuable), we're out in the boonies surrounded by woods and nothin' and hills, we're on a looong dark stretch of a well traveled US hwy, nary a single neighbor within eyeballin' distance, and barely within' scream your lungs out but they just ain't quite hearin' ya, and there ain't one gun, nor even a single grain of powder, not in this house there ain't, well, it's just we like to keep it smellin' good.
    Now you come on down to The Mighty BlueGrass and prowl my joint, go'head and monkey around, and bring your security blanket/pistola if'n ya want to, butt Pup, then ya best not be forgettin' your Proctologist..word.
    Yeah you keep on actin' like ya know somethin' about protecting you and yours, oh, and inflicting violence, I'm mean you seem bent on experiencing it, pert near gitty, but you have no freakin' idea, is what I'm flat out sayin', but just keep on keepin' on and most assuredly you'll get your wish...*SPOILER ALERT! it ain't really nothin' like in your electronic devices o' virtualuality mentality *.
    Your just an immature tough talkin' pee panced excitable melodramatic little boy is what you sound like to me, and a tool taboot, but that ain't really your fault, only if you keep that ridiculous garbage up much longer, so get yourself a grip, check out this little thing we like to call, 'reality', and then do yourself the biggestest favor, grow the hell up.
    (grow up I can't believe they make ME say that...was that payin' good homage to that "you folks" crack, just curious is all)

No, there's no joke here. You know what the police said when they came to cart the unconscious piece of **** off to jail (by way of the hospital)? "Looks like this guy broke into the wrong apartment!" About a month later I got a follow up call about the incident, and I told them my amp was destroyed when he dropped it (it didn't have a scratch on it and was in perfect working condition), and told them it was worth twice what I paid for it. They made him pay me $600 restitution I got paid $600 for nearly cracking this twit's head open like an egg
    I find your attitude disgusting, repugnant, terrifying and you seem deliberately to be trying to provoke people with your, quite frankly, idiotic ramblings. I bid you good day sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    I'll have to disagree with you there, Bob.
    Burglary, breaking and entering, and attempt at burglary are not punished with the death penalty in U.S. courts. Even if you lived in a Stand Your Ground state, there wouldn't be a judge on the bench who'd let you get away with passing a death sentence using your own firearm. You'd still face manslaughter charges, especially if the intruders weren't armed.
    And then where would your gun have gotten you? You still wouldn't have use of your stereo and you'd be bouncing your self-sung tunes off the walls of a prison cell.

Most states in the US abide by variations of the "Castle Doctrine", which provides legal residents with immunity from prosecution for using deadly force in the defense of their dwelling. I lived in Illinois at the time, and still do.

http://<br /> <a href="http://en.wik...e_doctrine</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying that the intruders weren't in the wrong for their actions but that you can't see how over-the-top your reaction was to it or that your actions were so out of proportion to the crime is troubling, to say the least. I'm not closing down the thread--yet, but personally I'm done here and will not further encourage your posts by responding to any of them. One thing I've come to learn over the years is that with some people there's really no point trying to be reasonable and I've got better things to do than trying to engage in what obviously will not be meaningful exchanges. It's not conceding that the other person is right and that I have no basis for arguments rebutting their ideas, it's realizing the futility of even attempting it.
    ....just a thought....it has become despairingly apparent here, that any of us who have tried to put up reasoned disagreement with this cat, are simply tilting at windmills, coz extremism has trumped all...rather than be repulsed by this, I am simply saddened...may your return to the Prim be a joyous one....

I guess I am a little disappointed in the essay. I do not like being referred to as paranoid simply because I like guns. I do not even begrudge those who want to go out and blast away at targets with semi-auto weapons. It can be great fun. Maybe you should try it before you condemn others. I also was a little miffed at your reference to six million jews being killed in Germany. The total number of Germans was over twenty million. Why not join the NRA so you can get the other side of the story. As far as guns being used to murder children in schools, I abhor that happening. Maybe if every teacher had a gun we could put an end to it. You may not believe that we need to keep an eye on our government but then they that do not learn from history are destined to repeat it. Also, on my last trip to England even though I did not worry much about being shot but was constantly worried about being blown up. This is America though and not an isolated country like England or Australia.
    Please watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=0sujnvIV4g4

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I guess I am a little disappointed in the essay. I do not like being referred to as paranoid simply because I like guns. I do not even begrudge those who want to go out and blast away at targets with semi-auto weapons. It can be great fun. Maybe you should try it before you condemn others. I also was a little miffed at your reference to six million jews being killed in Germany. The total number of Germans was over twenty million. Why not join the NRA so you can get the other side of the story. As far as guns being used to murder children in schools, I abhor that happening. Maybe if every teacher had a gun we could put an end to it. You may not believe that we need to keep an eye on our government but then they that do not learn from history are destined to repeat it. Also, on my last trip to England even though I did not worry much about being shot but was constantly worried about being blown up. This is America though and not an isolated country like England or Australia.
    Please watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=0sujnvIV4g4
    So, to quote you here: 'they that do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.' Are all of these school/mall/theater shootings now a part of our 'history' and, if so, then what are YOU not learning from it? These people didn't die at the hand of someone throwing a lollypop at them. Are you going to wait until 20,000,000 people die from some nutbog using an assault weapon before you wake up and see that there's a problem? Wake up!

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast