This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's a plane! No, it's...a meteorite!

Default Re: It's a plane! No, it's...a meteorite!

Amazing story, Lina. Glad to hear you are safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    DAMN! Lina, what did you think was happening?? I wouldn't have panicked but I sure wouldn't have known where to go! Even (radiation) fall-out shelters can be bombed! I hope your loved ones are okay!
    First when I saw it flying in the sky, I thought it was a crushing plane, because I saw it very close to our airport, so, it was a very probable variant. Sure, a plane crush would also be awful, but at least these things happen often, so, I know they are possible, but I have never thought I could see a meteorite... With my dad, we were trying to figure out what could it be, we even had an idea about the alien invasion Somehow I guess, I would more likely expect to see an alien than a meteorite... Just kidding.

Fortunately,everyone is more or less okay, they just need to fix the broken windows... I am sure, later we will get some more news about the situation, because I already heard they found two places where the meteorite's splinters actually fell, now they are searching the place.

Glad to hear you are safe Lina and good to hear Galli also stayed safe.
    That's way to scary if meteors start to come to close the earth.
    Good to hear no one was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    It happened today near my city. I saw the meteorite with my own eyes, the camera in our car even got a video of it... It was really scary, and after I came to work and learnt what it really was and what happened, I was shocked. Like a fantastic movie, except that it is real life, and in that town where the meteorite landed to, I have a lot of relatives and friends... Luckily, no one has died, yes, people are hurt, but mostly cut by the glass that was broken by the explosion. When you see such things with your own eyes you start believe that anything is possible in this life. I hope that at least it will pass, and nothing else like this will happen again... But who knows? Today, scientists also did not see any threat from above, an see what happened...
    I'm very glad you're okay. I'm also dying to know why you have a camera in your car!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I'm very glad you're okay. I'm also dying to know why you have a camera in your car!!
    ...I echo the sentiment that you're fine!...and I too, am wondering why Soviet vehicles are equipped with dash cams...are they like cast-off's from a fleet of KGB cars???...

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Well, in Russia almost all the people have cameras in their cars, it helps to control the situation on the roads, because in case an accident happens, you can see everything recorded, and everything becomes clear - who is guilty, what really happened... So, it is just a usual thing for us... I do not know about other countries - don't you ever use dashboard cameras?

don't you ever use dashboard cameras?

...no, here that is normally in the purview of law enforcement...we do however have back-up cameras to keep from runnin' over crap behind us...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...no, here that is normally in the purview of law enforcement...we do however have back-up cameras to keep from runnin' over crap behind us...
    Oh, I see. Here they also are planning to forbid cameras, but so far it is allowed... So, everybody uses them

Newer cars are also equipped with 'black boxes' that record how your car is driven for about ten seconds before you're in an accident. Or maybe I mean they can go back about ten seconds to see how you reacted (did you apply brakes, how did you turn the wheel, etc.), how fast you were going, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    Well, in Russia almost all the people have cameras in their cars, it helps to control the situation on the roads, because in case an accident happens, you can see everything recorded, and everything becomes clear - who is guilty, what really happened... So, it is just a usual thing for us... I do not know about other countries - don't you ever use dashboard cameras?
    No. But after getting in my first car accident yesterday and being jerked around by the guy who hit me's insurance, I wish I did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast