Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Excited about doctor sleep? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Excited about doctor sleep?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gettysburg, PA
    Posts
    385

    Default Re: Excited about doctor sleep?

    Not a fan of the cover. It's like the marketing department got confused and thought they were promoting a Sade concert tour. Her love was King after all. On a scale of one to ten, I give it a two. But let us not judge the book by it's cover. I still dislike it though.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: Excited about doctor sleep?

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Not a fan of the cover. It's like the marketing department got confused and thought they were promoting a Sade concert tour. Her love was King after all. On a scale of one to ten, I give it a two. But let us not judge the book by it's cover. I still dislike it though.
    LOL! Sade!

    Not a fan either. I think the cover of the Cemetery Dance limited edition is MUCH better.

    [IMG]file:///Users/y263676/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: Excited about doctor sleep?

    Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    LOL! Sade!

    Not a fan either. I think the cover of the Cemetery Dance limited edition is MUCH better.

    [IMG]file:///Users/y263676/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]
    Oops. Guess I don;t know how to add images to my post. You can see the image I am talking about here:

    http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king07

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,331

    Default Re: Excited about doctor sleep?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    That cover is certainly a grabber!! I just pre-ordered from B&N! Found this:



    AWESOME!!
    Okay - now I AM excited!
    Thanks for that intro - I can hardly wait to read it!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,331

    Default Re: Excited about doctor sleep?

    Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    Oops. Guess I don;t know how to add images to my post. You can see the image I am talking about here:

    http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king07
    $2500 for a book? wow - that is an awful lotta dough

    "Oversized Signed Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in two different fine materials with gilded page edges, imported endpapers, a satin ribbon page marker, and protected in a custom deluxe box, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($2,500)"

    I should be so lucky to be able to buy something like that - I would be afraid someone would steal it and would have to put insurance on it!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    603

    Default Re: Excited about doctor sleep?

    The cover looks great. Very Desperation-like in the lettering.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, England
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Excited about doctor sleep?

    Ditto Evil Queen any edition will do me can't wait, can't see it living up to the original but here's hoping.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    823

    Default Re: Excited about doctor sleep?

    The U.K. Cover is beautiful. Love it! The storyline interesting.

    I think there are animals trained for illness detection (dogs trained for certain disease detection). Though, maybe, this cat has an "ability" known to other worlds.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cleveland Ohio
    Posts
    903

    Default Re: Excited about doctor sleep?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha_ View Post
    The U.K. Cover is beautiful. Love it! The storyline interesting.

    I think there are animals trained for illness detection (dogs trained for certain disease detection). Though, maybe, this cat has an "ability" known to other worlds.
    Haven't you ever seen a cat just sit there and look off into nowhere? What is it REALLY looking at??

    John

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    i'm in the jailhouse now!
    Posts
    870

    Default Re: Excited about doctor sleep?

    Quote Originally Posted by jchanic View Post
    Haven't you ever seen a cat just sit there and look off into nowhere? What is it REALLY looking at??

    John

    For something to repeat...that they've seen before. Cats love to sit in the bathroom after you finish, for a long long time...just
    to see the faucet drip. Once it drips...off they go...satisfied that all is well and that all manner of things are well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •