Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Am I living in a Stephen King novel? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I living in a Stephen King novel?

Default Re: Am I living in a Stephen King novel?

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I saw that. It's tragic, but considering I've read reports that gas was leaking for hours strongly before the explosion, it's amazing that there weren't 20.

My BIL works in the area; he said the building they're working on had the windows blown out of it. It was a huge explosion.
    The report I read an hour or so ago said that the gas may have been leaking for weeks. Saw a video of the explosion taken from a security camera across the street... I'm amazed that everybody didn't just die.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    Hey, where'd you get a picture of old Uncle Pete? My, but the tricks he used to play! :shudder:

Round and round we go....

Winter Storm Warning
    448 AM CST MON FEB 25 2013

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS
    AFTERNOON TO 3 PM CST TUESDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM
    THIS AFTERNOON TO 3 PM CST TUESDAY.

* TIMING...SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN LATE THIS AFTERNOON OR THIS
    EVENING AND PERSIST THROUGH THE DAY TUESDAY. THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL
    IS EXPECTED LATE TONIGHT AND TUESDAY MORNING. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED
    TO GRADUALLY DIMINISH BY TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...WIDESPREAD AMOUNTS OF AT LEAST 6 TO 10 INCHES
    ARE EXPECTED THROUGH THE WARNING AREA... ALTHOUGH SOME LOCAL AREAS
    OF AROUND 12 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE.

* IMPACTS...STRONG NORTHERLY WINDS UP TO 30 MPH...COMBINED WITH
    MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL...WILL RESULT IN NEAR WHITEOUT
    CONDITIONS BY TUESDAY MORNING. THESE CONDITIONS WILL RESULT IN
    SNOWPACKED ROADS AND MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Round and round we go....
    Yeah, I tried to get Gary Lezak to stop this thing, but the station wouldn't put my call through.

Yeah, I tried to get Gary Lezak to stop this thing, but the station wouldn't put my call through.
    I tried the same thing with Donna Pitman... but she stopped taking my calls last year. Donna

Yay! Our power's back on! Only took KCP&L four hours (Last time, it took four days.)

Built a fire in the outside chiminea and heated some milk so the boys could have hot cocoa, then hot water for the Beloved's Tension Tamer tea, then I made some Cowboy Coffee for me. The cocoa and the tea were good, anyway....

Everybody else who got caught up in Winter's double-header OK?

Yay! Our power's back on! Only took KCP&L four hours (Last time, it took four days.)

Built a fire in the outside chiminea and heated some milk so the boys could have hot cocoa, then hot water for the Beloved's Tension Tamer tea, then I made some Cowboy Coffee for me. The cocoa and the tea were good, anyway....

Lots of ice here, but our power didn't go out..... This disappointed my daughter....she loves "camping out" in the living room with the flashlights.

Our lights flickered, but fortunately my husband and I are both home today with no plans to go anywhere. In a few hours it will be shoveling time. Because we live in a fairly new neighborhood, there aren't too many trees around that are big enough to take down power lines, so though there is a metric ton of snow just in our yard, thus far that's all it's amounted to. I did switch on the gas fireplace just in case.

What the heck. I just turned around ... it's snowing again. How many years are we going to get snows like this before it's no longer an anomaly?

What the heck. I just turned around ... it's snowing again. How many years are we going to get snows like this before it's no longer an anomaly?
    Hell, we didn't even have a winter last year. They said on the news that this last little spit of snow will put us over the record.

Got three boys who hate to shovel snow... wanna borrow 'em?

Hell, we didn't even have a winter last year. They said on the news that this last little spit of snow will put us over the record.

Got three boys who hate to shovel snow... wanna borrow 'em?
    LOL. Three teenage boys showed up at my door last week after Round 1, wanted to shovel my driveway. I asked how much, they wanted an offer. I offered $24. They turned it down. Well, the ringleader did; the other two looked at him incredulously. Pretty strange as it would have taken them about 15 minutes, which works out to a rate of $32/hour, tax free, each. Ah well. They'll learn soon enough.

True, last winter didn't seem to happen, but the two before that we had these monster snows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12