Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Worth Reading? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worth Reading?

Default Re: Worth Reading?

I generally either like or don't like a book. It is kind of pass fail for me. I really enjoyed Bag of Bones, so the people saying it was slow baffle me. Then again, a book doesn't need car chases or explosions to seem fast paced to me either.

I love it. A 9 at least. One of my top ten I'd say. Liked the movie too.

Bag of bones imo is 9.5 I have read it 4 times and is one of my all time favourites

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Bag of Bones has always been a favorite of mine. I'd say a 9 IMO. Sometimes what is going on in your life will determine if a book is a slow or fast read for you. The theme of the book may not be to your liking, yet later in life it would. A lot happens within Bag of Bones. If you desire, pick it back up again and read on. You might be surprised at the adventures, mysteries, happening that await you.
    There's a lot of wisdom in the above statement. What was going on in my life made me need a new author. I'd read up everything I wanted to by my regulars. sK came to me thru one of them. I needed him and he came thru.

Never been one of my favourites. I read it when it was first published, and tried again a few years later. A second reading did not change my opinion. I still have it and may try it again some day, but with so many books to read I really don't want to waste my time. I did try to watch the mini series, but found it pretty much the same during the first part - boring from start to finish. I didn't even attempt part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonC View Post
    Never been one of my favourites. I read it when it was first published, and tried again a few years later. A second reading did not change my opinion. I still have it and may try it again some day, but with so many books to read I really don't want to waste my time. I did try to watch the mini series, but found it pretty much the same during the first part - boring from start to finish. I didn't even attempt part 2.
    To each his/her own I guess. I loved it. The only part that I would say would even remotely approach boring would be the very beginning. But hey, if we all loved the same books, the world would be an even stranger place than it already is.

This thread hasn't been replied to in awhile, but for my two cents, (you might want change back ) Bag of Bones is my all-time favorite. Under the Dome runs a close second. I simply felt that it was a completely different SK novel and was a primo example of his unparalleled talent. A "love" story by SK-hard to imagine for those who only remember Carrie and Cujo... He can't be pidgeonholed into a horror-only genre. I am grateful for him and his work every single day-where would any of us constant readers be without him? And yes, we all have our favorites and not-so-favorites, but diversity is the spice of life!

Quote Originally Posted by morgan View Post
    This thread hasn't been replied to in awhile, but for my two cents, (you might want change back ) Bag of Bones is my all-time favorite. Under the Dome runs a close second. I simply felt that it was a completely different SK novel and was a primo example of his unparalleled talent. A "love" story by SK-hard to imagine for those who only remember Carrie and Cujo... He can't be pidgeonholed into a horror-only genre. I am grateful for him and his work every single day-where would any of us constant readers be without him? And yes, we all have our favorites and not-so-favorites, but diversity is the spice of life!
    King is great at writing romantic relationships... BoB is a great novel.

I like the writing in this book but not the characters. Regardless, it's in my top ten. Not my top five, though.

Yes.
    A 10.
    It's the only book I've ever read that mentions how literary violence, if done in a certain way, can impact society.
    It's hard to explain, but if you've ever lost a relative to a willfully violent death you might appreciate the fact that some people care how they present violence in their literary compositions.
    Other people don't give a whit HOW they present it, they're strictly going for knee-jerk reactions from people who have no clue what it feels like to know one of the victims of violent death.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast