Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Love the updated site! - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Love the updated site!

Default Re: SEEKING inspiration for a grieving soul!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...in regard to what please?....and Marsha, does this need "moved"?
    Without knowing more of what it's about, have no idea where to move it.

Default Re: Love the updated site!

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    I'm...getting used to it. Dreading any hurt feelings when I forget to like or thank someone for leaving a VM on my page. (It's bound to happen at some point.) Love the look of it, though, and it reflects the work that went into it behind the scenes.

Jordan, take a bow! Good stuff, this.

How do you thank a post or like a post with this new system? I see the welcome mat and the thumbs up for thanks ( nothing happens when I click thanks) but do not see where you can click like a post. Thanks.

The Thanks button is the first one (black background with white hand/thumb up), the Like button is the second that looks more like an actual hand/thumb up, and there's also a dislikes button after that with a thumb down image. Not sure why they're not responding when you click on them, though. Would help Jordan figure it out to know what OS and browser/version you're using.

Quote Originally Posted by Becks19 View Post
    How do you thank a post or like a post with this new system? I see the welcome mat and the thumbs up for thanks ( nothing happens when I click thanks) but do not see where you can click like a post. Thanks.
    What I notice is that sometimes a post will have all the symbols, other times some are missing. If you click a thanks( the black box and thumb up) it stays within the post, but you can see underneath that you thanked them. Same with Like ( the thumb up). Also, if you click a "like", the dislike goes away from the post.
    The welcome matt is not visible on several posts : eg page 2- # 12,14,16,20 have it, but not the others.

using Macbook and safari. Not a real issue for me- I just read posts

...once again, my request for a "free beer" button has been callously disregarded...
    Well I second that request. I say we vote on it

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Thanks. Hopefully, this revamp has made everything work, or at least not work more quickly. If you notice anything funky, please let me know.
    Like a funky chicken you mean?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funkychicken.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	16836

...once again, my request for a "free beer" button has been callously disregarded...
    GNT, do you not remember what happened last time there was free beer? The Clutching the Toilet Incident? Yes, I'm aware that was me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    What I notice is that sometimes a post will have all the symbols, other times some are missing. If you click a thanks( the black box and thumb up) it stays within the post, but you can see underneath that you thanked them. Same with Like ( the thumb up). Also, if you click a "like", the dislike goes away from the post.
    The welcome matt is not visible on several posts : eg page 2- # 12,14,16,20 have it, but not the others.

using Macbook and safari. Not a real issue for me- I just read posts
    I just switched from Opera browser to IE9 and things are better. Before, all I had with opera was the little black thank you icon that did nothing when I clicked it. ( no visible thanks underneath at all) Now, I have words in block letters that say Thanks, Like & Dislike. Yay!! There is no welcome mat in IE....But considering what I didn't have before that's small potatoes.

I am so sorry. I didn't look closely enough.....There are the WORDS welcome in the newer posts! I missed it because it looks totally different in IE. ( had an actual looking mat in Opera)

- Be careful. Them's fightin' snarkin' words. Jordan might break out his "can-o'-whupass" button or his "b*tch-slap" button.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast