Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Stephen King-isms You Use On A Regular Basis - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King-isms You Use On A Regular Basis

Default Re: Stephen King-isms You Use On A Regular Basis

Sometimes I get an urge for a tooterfish popkin but they always hang up on me when I try to order it.

I say "Mayhap" a lot. I make my 6 year old daughter crack up by just randomly singing "We got chickens in the barn, who's barn, what barn, my barn". I used "They have forgotten then faces of their Fathers" to my wife describe some characters in a movie we were watching. She had no idea what I was talking about.

Oh and of course I like to saw "Holey Ol' Jesus!" and "I'll be dipped in **** if that ain't a (whatever it is I'm talking about)".

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Sometimes I get an urge for a tooterfish popkin but they always hang up on me when I try to order it.
    Prolly think you're messin' with their heads! Are you? heheh. >:-}

SSDD for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by JordyVerrill View Post
    I say "Mayhap" a lot. I make my 6 year old daughter crack up by just randomly singing "We got chickens in the barn, who's barn, what barn, my barn". I used "They have forgotten then faces of their Fathers" to my wife describe some characters in a movie we were watching. She had no idea what I was talking about.
    I was upset with someone once for being a jerk to me, and I told him that he had forgotten the face of his father. That stopped the argument we were having because he left me alone and went home. Later, when he called to apologize, he said telling him that made him stop and think about how he'd been acting lately. He had never felt more ashamed because it was true. He was not being the better man he had always hoped to be. He said I was profound.....
    I said, well yes I am but Stephen King wrote that so....

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    I was upset with someone once for being a jerk to me, and I told him that he had forgotten the face of his father. That stopped the argument we were having because he left me alone and went home. Later, when he called to apologize, he said telling him that made him stop and think about how he'd been acting lately. He had never felt more ashamed because it was true. He was not being the better man he had always hoped to be. He said I was profound.....
    I said, well yes I am but Stephen King wrote that so....
    That's awesome. The pen truly is mightier than the sword! ^_^

Oh yeah! Another one I use: When I'm absolutely laid to waste after the end of some major ordeal I say, "I have ronked my last ronk!"

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    I use a lot of SKisms. So many in fact, half of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it. Sometimes I wonder, after getting funny looks if I should even bother to talk to people who don't read Stephen King.
    I particularly like "Yer Bugger" as a stand-in for a cuss. I use the word "trig" and often call people "pert" and suggest that they "strap one on when appropriate". "SSDD" is a good one, there are just so many. I am a vernacular sponge and can't help but to absorb local sayings, accents and literary references from books I read, sometimes I don't even know where the stuff I say comes from.
    Same here. I use, with varying degrees of regularity, "tooter popkin," "that one had a lump in it," and many more. Some unconsciously. If I do something I feel icky about, I say to myself (in my head), "You ain't no nice guy."

...not that I'm proud of it, but I have on more than one occasion at work-employed the terminology "Dump Bitc*!"....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast