This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King-isms You Use On A Regular Basis

Default Re: Stephen King-isms You Use On A Regular Basis

I've been racking my brain trying to think of just one little SKism that I use......and I can't come up with one. Maybe I'm damaged

Maybe I'm damaged
    ...nah honey-yer just "roont".....

I forgot one of my super-common ones (until I just used it in a thread): I say "Can you believe that happy crappy?" ALL THE TIME. I dunno why I quote The Kid 'cause I kinda hate him, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I forgot one of my super-common ones (until I just used it in a thread): I say "Can you believe that happy crappy?" ALL THE TIME. I dunno why I quote The Kid 'cause I kinda hate him, but I do.
    I hear that! I hated The Kid too, but I sure love the Happy Crappy SKism! Another one I love is from Library Policeman, I think. Don't remember the character's name, but he loved "Slim ****in' Slim Jims. That's chow! That's chowdy dow!" DD

M-O-O-N, that spells ________

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    If it makes you feel any better about it, I just finished a re-read of The Dark Half and the officer that finds Homer's pick up truck in the McDonald's parking lot says "Ask Mamma if she believes this happy crappy!" among other funny 'isms.

Another good one is to crook and wiggle your index finger in front of your face and say (in a froggy voice), "Danny doesn't live here anymore Mrs.Torrance" You can do this when you don't want to hear something someone is saying to you. Sort of like, "talk to the hand," just way creepier.
    If the person knows the scene from the Shining, they will probably laugh and get the point. Those who don't recognize it will most likely move along and let you be.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    Another good one is to crook and wiggle your index finger in front of your face and say (in a froggy voice), "Danny doesn't live here anymore Mrs.Torrance" You can do this when you don't want to hear something someone is saying to you. Sort of like, "talk to the hand," just way creepier.
    If the person knows the scene from the Shining, they will probably laugh and get the point. Those who don't recognize it will most likely move along and let you be.
    Ooo, I forgot all about this one, I do that finger thing too! Seeing as how my name is Dan, I get to use it alot!!

I also do the finger one sometimes! Haha!

Anything that came out of Annie Wilkes's mouth, I love - "oogy", "you dirty-birdy!", etc. "Long days and pleasant nights." is another one I use when ending a conversation with a good friend for whatever reason - most of the time he or she has no clue why I'm saying that. Ah, well!

"Happy crappy" is another good one... "SSDD", of course... And my very favorite - the Calla Bryn Sturgis dialect!

Sometimes dead is better... I use this one LOTS at work.

Beep Beep, Richie ... whenever the kids are in the way or walking too slow.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast