Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Do people ask you, "do you ever read anything besides SK?" - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do people ask you, "do you ever read anything besides SK?"

Default Re: Do people ask you, "do you ever read anything besides SK?"

He's a voracious reader and has a broad range of reading interests.

Most people I know, know I am an avid fan of Stephen King's work, but I am not exclusive, and I suspect the people who don't know me don't care.

A side story. I had a customer come up to me the other day and ask me where the Stephen King books were and if I could recommend a good place to start with his fiction. She had read "Guns" and had wanted to finally read some of his fiction. She said I looked like a good person to ask.
    I said, ahhh, my reputation precedes me, with some pride. She said, no your t-shirt does.
    I forgot I was wearing my WKIT T-Shirt.

I read Clive Barker, Bill Bryson, sucker for a Jilly Cooper and mostly anything that is to hand.

Basically I read King. Lots of times I read about written about king or by one of Kings family members.

There are times when I read multiple books by one author in great spurts (I read about forty of SK's books in high school, I think), but I do not exclusively read SK or any author. More often I'm asked if I read anything else other than horror (or something along those same lines). I typically respond something like "yes, I read fantasy and thrillers and mafia books, but it's not as much fun as horror."

We all start writing with a goal. My goal, is to have King read me.

Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    We all start writing with a goal. My goal, is to have King read me.
    He may very well read you someday, but only after your book is published. As I understand it, his lawyer quite insists upon that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Not really. I read about a book a week so I'm always reading something different.

I do get, "Wow, you really like Stephen King" a lot when people see my bookshelf.
    Ditto.

Before I discovered sK I was a reading fan and had accumulated a few favorites: CSLewis, Tolkein, Michael Chricton, JDSalinger, William Goldman, Dean Koontz, Woody Allen, Douglas Adams, I think about covers it. Since, all I currently want to read are sK books, mostly because they fascinate me, but partly because I'd really like to have them all read at least once and I am so way behind.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I have many authors I like to read but it seems that when I get in an SK mood, I can't stop at just one. Last year after I finished Wind Through The Keyhole, I ended up reading DT5-7, The Dead Zone, Hearts In Atlantis, Misery, The Colorado Kid and a couple of the new short stories afterwards. I haven't read any SK since (except for Guns) but I know a big SK spree will be coming close to when Doctor Sleep is due to be released. I'm planning on reading The Shining again before Dr. Sleep is released and we will see what happens after that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast