This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gunslingers club

Default Re: Gunslingers club

So how do Canadian and British people hunt? I don't know much about the Isles, but Canada is rich with wildlife just begging to be bagged and served hot off the grill. What, do y'all have to rent a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    So how do Canadian and British people hunt? I don't know much about the Isles, but Canada is rich with wildlife just begging to be bagged and served hot off the grill. What, do y'all have to rent a gun?
    People shoot over here....but on arranged shoots. My boss shoots, bought me in a couple of ducks the other day. But it's all frightfully organised. They are purely for game. The thought wouldn't occur to me they were for anything else. Rules are extremely strict over here, I believe you have to have a liscence. And shooting game is often regarded as an upper middle class past time. We do have gun crime over here, but i don't know one person who would consider it that bad they in turn, need a gun.

I agree I might have spoken out of place, I'm sorry for speaking a bit out of tone..

Mustang i can't speak for everyone but most rural people usually go out on owned land and try to kill 'game' , we have to hunt and do what not required to make the kill. Also I'm sorry I spoke out of line on the whole Declaration of Indepence quote, I didn't mean to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_pol...United_Kingdom

Here ya go S&D...to me this seems so incredibly alien, as our freedoms do to Claire...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_pol...United_Kingdom

Here ya go S&D...to me this seems so incredibly alien, as our freedoms do to Claire...
    Ahhhh, now I see. I was under the mistaken impression that firearms were prohibited in the UK. Instead, they're available but strongly regulated.

GNTLGNT, you have succinctly put my thoughts there in a nutshell. Thanksxx. And Interloper, no offence taken. Always interested in healthy debate

It's a bit like this.....

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    It's a bit like this.....
    Don't know what I want, but I know how to get it!

I own guns...have nothing against them, hope never to have to use one to defend the life of my loved ones or my self. Have been wounded far more grievously by words...reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing...

...Jesus commanded his disciples to sell their cloak and to buy a sword...this shortly before he was arrested. A cloak was important to folk back in the day. A cloak was their sleeping bag, their comfort, their protection from the elements. Consider that the Son of God commanded his disciples to sell their cloak, to acquire a sword, the "high-powered assault-weapon" of the day. Something to consider. From the same man who asked us to turn the other cheek.

I've been shot...by myself. Never, never shoot your Ultra-Lite at that strange concrete amalgamation sitting there, all innocent, where you like to plink. The .38 slug ricocheted back and hit me in the temple. Ouch.

Anymore, I make it a practice to shoot at varmints with calculated ricochet. Intruders beware.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast