Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Do you twitter? Do you tweet? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you twitter? Do you tweet?

Default Re: Do you twitter? Do you tweet?

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I like the fact that twitter is unidirectional -- I can follow someone and they don't have to follow me back (and vice versa). That means my feed contains only people I'm truly interested in. I can catch up in a few minutes instead of scrolling through pages of Facebook updates. I also like the fact that you have the chance to directly interact with people who are normally out of reach. This week I had a response to one of my tweets from Jeff Probst from Survivor. (No buff, though...)
    Agree. I've had a few responses and even a retweet from David Malki ! (creator of the amazing Wondermark), and I GEEKED OUT. (But not in public. In public I was totally cool about it.)

I'm lucky I can find my voice mail on a cell phone. No tweeting for me.
    Blunt- you are not technologically challenged -- the world just moved on and we're still in second gear.

The best thing about Twitter is that I've yet to get one Farmville request.

HELL TO THE NO!!!

I HATE TWITTER!!!

twitter is maybe the top information site on earth now, IMO. I primarily consider it a clipping service, i.e. for links to interesting stuff, and that is what I tend to share as well. If you consider yourself any kind of data-miner, twitter is a top source. further in terms of real time live information, there is no better source on the internet. if something in the world is happening now that you need to know about, you go to twitter first.

I have only been re-tweeted once, and never been responded to by anyone. (With the exception of my lovely sister.)
    That's o.k. though, it's just for fun and to catch bits of news to investigate that I may have missed otherwise. I don't take social-media-techno-whatsits too seriously. I do facebook too but it's just a kick in the pants. I can't see investing my self image in what people think about me, either here on earth or out there in cyberspace.
    But in all honesty, I think I would maybe poo myself if someone like Neil Gaiman or J.K. Rowling replied to me. Actually I'm not even sure if I'd know that they did. I still don't know how to track that sort of thing.

Here's one of my all time favorite tweets.

Joe Hill ‏@joe_hill
    It's like announcing the anarchist's meeting is at 8PM. If you show up, you fail as an anarchist. If you bring cookies, you're hopeless.

....I only twitter & tweet after ingesting too many gas forming foods....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Ferox View Post
    twitter is maybe the top information site on earth now, IMO. I primarily consider it a clipping service, i.e. for links to interesting stuff, and that is what I tend to share as well. If you consider yourself any kind of data-miner, twitter is a top source. further in terms of real time live information, there is no better source on the internet. if something in the world is happening now that you need to know about, you go to twitter first.
    very well said.

i've only recently set up a twitter account and I'm learning. Still not clear on all the short forms used. But I had great timing in joining. This past weekend was the AAAI meeting, and I started following one of the doctors that attended it. I found his tweets very interesting.

Oops. Last post should say AAIA.

I just started it. Like three days ago.

I am trying to get an art gallery/ blog up and twitter is a very effective means of communication. 160 characters at a time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast