This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you twitter? Do you tweet?

Default Re: Do you twitter? Do you tweet?

After seeing this thread and of course knowing there was such a thing as Twitter, and looking at the site itself and not understanding it at all, I joined the other day. Now what do I do?

I have a Twitter account and check in on it from time to time, but I'm not really that much into it. Though I have had Clive Barker and Fairuza Balk reply to questions I've asked, so that was pretty cool.

No tweeting for me. I'm not that interesting!

Twitter is a lot of fun during things like the Oscars, when people can get quite snarky.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    After seeing this thread and of course knowing there was such a thing as Twitter, and looking at the site itself and not understanding it at all, I joined the other day. Now what do I do?
    Took me a long time to catch on, even though in general I really engage with social media. A lot of people join Twitter to try to get followers, and ... maybe I am doing it wrong, but I find that now that I'm following people who interest me, suddenly it's become way more valuable, so for me, quality > quantity. Examples: Neil Gaiman (@neilhimself) tends to tweet and retweet a lot of interesting things, stuff he's doing as well as stuff that interests him. Joe Hill (@joe_hill) tweets pretty interesting commentary, some links, some life stuff. Businesses often tweet about special offers, etc. It's all in what you personally find interesting.

Besides following people, so that you see everything they tweet, you can also search what are called hashtags. For example, last week Kansas City had a big fire on the Plaza, the premier shopping/dining district. People were using the hashtag #plazafire to discuss it in their tweets, so that made it really easy for me to keep up with the latest, much faster than the news was being updated. Also, on Fridays, if you search for the hashtag #ff, you will see recommendations of people to follow.

And then of course, you can tweet as well. General commentary, stuff about trending hashtags, cool links, etc. You can even retweet the tweets of others you find interesting.

I am not much into social media. I have never had a facebook or twitter account........I do rather like the SKMB though!!

I do have a twitter, but I wish I knew how to put my user name up. Just not sure how to do it, I've even tried the whole copy and paste thing, but it doesn't recognize the address. It's either something to do with A E Angel (my pen name) or the name of my book. I hope you can find me, I do like to tweet. (Wink! Wink!)

Just go to Twitter and click on your name in the upper left-hand corner. Then copy the URL (e.g. https://twitter.com/BevVincent). People will be able to find you that way.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I've never done it. I've gone to a couple of accounts and read some but don't really understand how it works. I guess the only way to figure it out is to get an account and try it.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    I just started it. Like three days ago.

I am trying to get an art gallery/ blog up and twitter is a very effective means of communication. 160 characters at a time.
    I started up with the Twitter to annoy politicians but it appears I have stayed for the dip.
    There are a lot of creative people on Twitter which makes it interesting, lots of wing-nuts though too, wheat and chaff as they say.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast