This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ROLAND-You gotta read this!

Default Re: ROLAND-You gotta read this!

Hi everyone. Just an update. I will travel to Ft Benning next week to deliver the most amazing gift to my son. MR. KING SENT ME A SIGNED COPY OF THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE!!!! WITH A PERSONAL DEDICATION TO MY SON!!! Can you believe that happy crappy? I am still in shock. Our family is so grateful. I always knew what kind of person our favorite author was from his stories, but still!!!! This will go down in family lore forever. I will post pictures of the happy event ASAP. Thanks to everyone. Keep upright and sniffing the air.

Quote Originally Posted by DODGER View Post
    Hi everyone. Just an update. I will travel to Ft Benning next week to deliver the most amazing gift to my son. MR. KING SENT ME A SIGNED COPY OF THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE!!!! WITH A PERSONAL DEDICATION TO MY SON!!! Can you believe that happy crappy? I am still in shock. Our family is so grateful. I always knew what kind of person our favorite author was from his stories, but still!!!! This will go down in family lore forever. I will post pictures of the happy event ASAP. Thanks to everyone. Keep upright and sniffing the air.
    (you may want to be a little quiter about that so we don't all get jealous.)

Hmm we are told please dont ask...

but if we dont ask we dont get...

Look what happens when we do ask...

...moral of story?

someone is going to be busy answering begging letters- 'cos i'm gonna start a daily barrage of sob stories until I gets me a signed copy of something too!

BAH...jealous- damn right.

Exceptions are made when the circumstances warrant it, e.g. for members of the military and this particular story had a lot of pieces that put it in the chances are good an exception will be made column. Just begging for a book because you want one won't.

Another reason why Sai King is the best author and person out there today! No, I am not saying this to suck up or pave the way for a signed book of my own, I already have enough of those, just expressing my warm thoughts about 'our' favorite author. Even as popular and busy, busy, busy that he is, he still finds time for a simple (but somewhat life-altering) gesture!! You rock, Steve!!!

if finding a name badge on the ground and being in the army warrants an exception to the rules Ms Mod - I think a few more signed books should be on the way.

Exceptions suck, its like watching the folk in the Disney fast track queue skipping passed you after you've been in line all day to see cinderella (where the hell did that come from?)

Or the guy outside in the drive through pulls up and gets fed first, while you're still standing at the counter, waiting for your big mac after 15minutes.

Begging letter No#1.

I too am struggling to find a gift for my..er brother, who i am seeing for the first time in five years. I bet if he had the chance to read about Roland, he would love it. What would be even better is if I could get it signed by the author, so he could see who wrote such an awesome story. Funnily enough, his boss- who is called Odetta is a two faced woman who keeps him working late with no overtime- so he cannot afford the bus fare to take him to the library to read these fine stories. Imagine if he was to get one of these splendid books in the post.

Oh yeh, i was in the army too- and If you add all my military identity numbers together you almost, almost get 19!!!!! and spookily enough i was in for 9 years. i have 2 parents-- so if you times the served years by the number of parents who missed me dearly-------YOU GET 19!!!!

I have almost all of SKs book, well at least 9 of them.and i must have read each of them twice...........NINETEEN!!!!!

TA>>>DA!

Steve has made a lot of exceptions for service men and women, this just happens to be the one that you've heard about. I understand your point about the exceptions, though, which is why it's better not to do them but sometimes the rules are made to be broken.

so because someone serve in the forces- they are better than joe blogs flipping burgers?

Bad practice!

give to one give to all- or don't give at all.

And don't go telling people - this is really peeing me off, dont know about the smiley faces anyone else hides behind.

No seriously, its not about the gift, its the practice of breaking the rules for someone because they appear on the SKMB - make a silky begging post - then disappear again.

personally,for me, it is jealousy, seeing others get the things I know are out of reach for me. It seems to be your personal choice as to who you move on up the tower-

service men and women are the same as any other serving member of the public- and deserve no more than the rest of us- its they who choose to take the pay - nothing special in that- And before folks get on their high horse next to me, I served 9 years.

Bitter constant reader.

angry face GRRRRRRRR!

I'm sorry you feel that way but I doubt there's much else I can add that wouldn't piss you off more so think it's best to .

Humbly submit that you are wrong Sheemie,these guys do more in service than someone flipping burgers..they go through a physical and mental torture to attain that Ranger tab,all for the privilege of going to some third world to represent us and protect our interests and security..and in return are shot at,blown up,suffer privations and maybe get taken prisoner or seriously wounded or killed..for not a lot of monetary remuneration..I don't think a signed copy from his favorite author,whether Stephen King or Dr Seuss is too much to ask for such self sacrifice..
    Good luck to your son, Dodger,may he have safe travels and deployments..
    Last edited by mjs9153; April 5th, 2013 at 01:45 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast