This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: People say the dumbest stuff...........

Default Re: People say the dumbest stuff...........

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    I am always asked the same dumb question. When they call my home phone number, they always ask me "Are you home now?" And what should I answer - "no, I am not, I just happened to take my phone with me"??
    ...or, a sidebar to that..."OH, you ARE home!"....yeah, I am-what?-you called to whisper sweet nothings to my machine?????.....

This happens to me all the time. Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    I am always asked the same dumb question. When they call my home phone number, they always ask me "Are you home now?" And what should I answer - "no, I am not, I just happened to take my phone with me"??

Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    When someone calls you on the phone in the middle of the night, you answer "yea" with a dreary voice and the someone says, "sorry, did I wake you?"
    I always say "No, I just came in from skydiving"

....I just wanna wring people's necks when I hand em their pills. and they say "is this my medication?"...."Ah hell no! It's powdered earthworm testicles, just thought ya might like em!"...

"ARE YOU MORE HOT THAN YOU ARE COLD?"

wtf?

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

When I was 18 or 19, I was working for a petroleum station supply company. We sold new gas station stuff like pumps and tanks and did installations. We had a job at this station where we were installing all new gas pumps. They were having some leaking issues (this was the late 70s and the stories I could tell about how much leaking gas there was at every station would frighten you) so we had to break out the islands and replace pipes in the ground as well as replace the pumps. We were at this site for at least a week and had the place completely torn up. There was a convenience store at this location that was still open but all the gas islands were closed and barricaded.

So anyway, I am down in a hole where the old pumps used to be working on the pipes. A guy pulls up in his car, gets out and looks at me in the hole and says, "fill it up." I said (without laughing my ass off), "sir, there are no gas pumps, it's going to be a couple of days until the gas islands are open again." He said, "well, I'm never coming here again" and got in his car and drove off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    I always say "No, I just came in from skydiving"
    Can't wait to hear that one when I call you at 3:00 AM tomorrow morning. *snort*

Okay, okay, okay.....I'm seeing myself out now.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    When I was 18 or 19, I was working for a petroleum station supply company. We sold new gas station stuff like pumps and tanks and did installations. We had a job at this station where we were installing all new gas pumps. They were having some leaking issues (this was the late 70s and the stories I could tell about how much leaking gas there was at every station would frighten you) so we had to break out the islands and replace pipes in the ground as well as replace the pumps. We were at this site for at least a week and had the place completely torn up. There was a convenience store at this location that was still open but all the gas islands were closed and barricaded.

So anyway, I am down in a hole where the old pumps used to be working on the pipes. A guy pulls up in his car, gets out and looks at me in the hole and says, "fill it up." I said (without laughing my ass off), "sir, there are no gas pumps, it's going to be a couple of days until the gas islands are open again." He said, "well, I'm never coming here again" and got in his car and drove off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    I worked in retail for a good number of years. Never did it fail that I would be out on the salesfloor, stocking shelves, dressed in a shirt or smock with the store logo on it, wearing a name tag, and a customer would walk up and say "Do you work here?". I think that's why I still have a nervous twitch in my eye.
    I once walked up behind someone in Target who was wearing khaki pants and a red polo and asked her a question. She turned around ... no name tag. Not a Target employee. I was a bit embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I once walked up behind someone in Target who was wearing khaki pants and a red polo and asked her a question. She turned around ... no name tag. Not a Target employee. I was a bit embarrassed.
    It always annoyed me because so many people would see me working at the store I was employed by and ask me if I worked there, but to this day I can be out shopping at other stores and people routinely ask me for help. And it's not the same people because the store I used to work at is in a different town from where I live. I guess I just look like a helpful guy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast