This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People say the dumbest stuff...........

Default Re: People say the dumbest stuff...........

My favorite is when I get emails that say "Let me know if you did not receive this." This has happened more times than I can count! How the heck am I supposed to know if I didn't get the email?

Being a patient in a hospital bed with visitors and having the nurse come in and ask if you had a bowel movement today can be quite stressful and embarrassing. Are they not taught about tact? lol refer's to Scott and Ally's expertise...what say you?

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    Being a patient in a hospital bed with visitors and having the nurse come in and ask if you had a bowel movement today can be quite stressful and embarrassing. Are they not taught about tact? lol refer's to Scott and Ally's expertise...what say you?
    ...I say, if the nurse can't tell by the reek, that you've "gone poopy"...then they need to find another vocation...

I love my local butchers, it's always busy. It always makes me chuckle when customers ask our jolly butcher (resplendent in red cheeks, jaunty striped hat and riddled with gout) "ooh, I'll have some of that Sirloin, is it good?".. I'm LONGING for him to say "nope, tastes like sh1te, but I'm selling it anyway!!"...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    It always annoyed me because so many people would see me working at the store I was employed by and ask me if I worked there, but to this day I can be out shopping at other stores and people routinely ask me for help. And it's not the same people because the store I used to work at is in a different town from where I live. I guess I just look like a helpful guy.
    It's called 'retail face' and you are afflicted with it! It happens to me all the time. I've worked retail all my life and every once in a while I'll be in a store somewhere (not where I work) and someone will approach me and ask 'Do you work here.' hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    It's called 'retail face' and you are afflicted with it! It happens to me all the time. I've worked retail all my life and every once in a while I'll be in a store somewhere (not where I work) and someone will approach me and ask 'Do you work here.' hate it!

Good one!!!!!!

I dated in a guy in college who kept telling me I could be a model if I would just lose weight. He was a triathlete, very into health and exercise, and I was a reader who liked to eat Snickers. I was that way before I met him, after I met him, and am still that way. But still, he kept trying to change who I was. So we broke up. Five years later he looked me up again. Can you guess what he asked me?? Can you believe a person would call up another person and ask them if they were still "overweight?" Had I said, "Why no, as a matter of fact I lost 25 pounds," do you think my next statement would have been "Sure, come on over!!" What I wanted to ask him was, "Are you still in your twenties and balding and living with your mom?" But I was nice, and kindly let him know that yes I was still chubby and still pretty but no longer interested in dating him.

Quote Originally Posted by SusanNorton View Post
    Can you guess what he asked me?? Can you believe a person would call up another person and ask them if they were still "overweight?"
    Woooooowwwwwwww....that is steel radial chutzpah.

You were too nice. You should have asked him if he was revisiting his decision to opt out of charm school.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Woooooowwwwwwww....that is steel radial chutzpah.

You were too nice. You should have asked him if he was revisiting his decision to opt out of charm school.
    I used to be such a nice person! I guess that's youth for ya, huh? I would just loooooove to get a phone call from him today.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast