This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Horrible People

Default Re: Horrible People

Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    I know of at least one panhandler who will only 'work' (I know right?) from 8:00 to 5:00. And won't 'work' weekends or holidays. Oh, and they'll walk to work carrying a wheelchair, then set it up and sit in it all day. Then when done for the day, just fold it up and walk home.
    ...just a regular joe and his workday graft...

Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    I know of at least one panhandler who will only 'work' (I know right?) from 8:00 to 5:00. And won't 'work' weekends or holidays. Oh, and they'll walk to work carrying a wheelchair, then set it up and sit in it all day. Then when done for the day, just fold it up and walk home.
    You gotta respect a bum with standards.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine
    I never thought KY had a bad rep..
    I love KY, oh
    Last edited by Moderator; March 4th, 2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: fixed coding

This really bothers be because when I am able I always give homeless people money and I just KNOW I am getting ripped off at times.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    Meh. Don't feel so bad. I'm sure there are people like him in every single state in the union.
    And in every city, and in every neighborhood and I don't care how tony.
    I mean ya don't have to be on a city street corner or look like a poor wee crippled up Tiny Tim to be a bona fide 'panhandler', why I've seen some of the best in the business from the finest in zip codes, drinkin' nothin' but top shelf whilst sportin' the latest snazzy in snappy tailored suits, so everybody just slowly back away from the Ky Jelly, The Mighty Bluegrass is just as fine as brotha can ya spare a dime.
    A couple few years back, a Cincinnati news "Investigative" whatevers, they followed some of the roadside "Need Help", "Disabled", "Work For Food" type sign holders hangin' by the major high traffic count downtown intersections and such, after they finished their 'shifts'.
    They busted a few scumbags scallywaggin' around, and in particular was this middle age(ish) average nice lookin' lady they stealthily filmed walkin' to her swell SUV, and then drivin' to her suburban split level ranch or some such not so low rent, low rent scofflaw, domicile, before they ambushed her...don't recall her being all too repentant neither, but I seem to remember she might have had a bit of a stutter.
    Twas a pretty sweet ride and some seriously kickin' digs even for a full time tin cup professional, is what I'm sayin'...must take an ambitious amount of motivated committed commitment, is what I'm thinkin'...ain't no bidness likes showbidness, is what I be knowin'.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    A couple few years back, a Cincinnati news "Investigative" whatevers, they followed some of the roadside "Need Help", "Disabled", "Work For Food" type sign holders hangin' by the major high traffic count downtown intersections and such, after they finished their 'shifts'.
    They busted a few scumbags scallywaggin' around, and in particular was this middle age(ish) average nice lookin' lady they stealthily filmed walkin' to her swell SUV, and then drivin' to her suburban split level ranch or some such not so low rent, low rent scofflaw, domicile, before they ambushed her...don't recall her being all too repentant neither, but I seem to remember she might have had a bit of a stutter.
    This settles it. Imma gonna quit lookin' for honest work and start bummin' for a living. Who want to gimme my first dollar? I accept paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    This settles it. Imma gonna quit lookin' for honest work and start bummin' for a living. Who want to gimme my first dollar? I accept paypal.
    Done! But I hate Paypal so you have to come to CA with a really good gimmick and stand on my street corner. The pencil idea will work.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Done! But I hate Paypal so you have to come to CA with a really good gimmick and stand on my street corner. The pencil idea will work.....
    If you want I can do my deluxe panhandler routine where I wear a funny hat and do a little dance, but I'll charge you more because I have to use props.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    If you want I can do my deluxe panhandler routine where I wear a funny hat and do a little dance, but I'll charge you more because I have to use props.
    I will definitely pay you $2 for that. If it's really good, $5.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I will definitely pay you $2 for that. If it's really good, $5.
    I suppose an advance is out of the question?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast