This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wish you hadn't of............

Default Re: Wish you hadn't of............

Why bite off your nose to spite your face. If you enjoy reading Stephen King, then read him. His personal opinions should not matter to you....they do not matter to me. I do not know the man. I read him because he is the most gifted storyteller I have ever read. I do not always agree with his opinions or politics. Different tastes for different folks. He has the right to speak his mind the same as I do. End of story.

You sound like a whiney baby with his lip stuck out.

SSDD

'The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round, 'round and 'round'. I'm tired of the 'You don't think like me so I don't like you anymore and I'm not going to play in your sandbox again!' crap. So, you don't want to read any more King books? Good for you, go away and leave the rest of us alone. We can handle our beloved author wanting to share his views on guns- some of us may not agree with what he said in the essay (I do for the most part), but we aren't going to simply stop reading this wordslingers books because of it. Sorry you can't get past it.

Comments like the OP in this thread always make me think of Reagan. an actor who became President.

Not that Canada is different...we elect retired hockey players instead.

Jimson, I am a gun owner, a bow owner, and hunt when I am in the mood to, which is a lot less these days. I have no problem with Mr. King having an opinion, and expressing it well, compared to many celebrity and non-celebrity types that do not use facts, logic, or common sense. I am more bothered by the fact I have now seen a minimum of three NEW posters appear out of nowhere onto the board with strong opinions on this GUNS article, and yet have not contributed one post on any other King work. Not that I am a conspiracy theory person, but I do recognize the similarity to marketing campaigns, including ones meant smear or discredit. With the amount of money available to both the NRA and especially weapons manufacturers to launch discrediting campaigns against anyone of a different opinion, how do people on the board know your opinions are sincere? I respect your right to an opinion and posting it, but I usually give more credence to opinions where I can see more depth of a person behind the opinion.

I'm still trying to make sense of the phase "Wish you hadn't of"...

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    I'm still trying to make sense of the phase "Wish you hadn't of"...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. His poor grammar prevented me from being able to take his opinion too seriously.

Ah, well. I see he isn't even bothering responding to us. Don'tcha love the "post-and-dash" folks???

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    Off-topic, but: I LOVE YOU CAPTAIN JANEWAY. STAR TREK 4-EVA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    Not that Canada is different...we elect retired hockey players instead.
    Ain't that the truth!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast